The application deadline is March 31, with rolling admissions thereafter.
The Sustainability Leadership Semester is designed for third- and fourth-year undergraduate students. Second-year students are considered on a case-by-case basis. First-year students are not eligible to participate. If you have already completed a bachelor’s degree, you can apply for the certificate program with the application form at the end of this page.
How to apply
For students already enrolled at Goshen College:
- Discuss with your academic advisor how participation in the Sustainability Leadership Semester fits in your overall program of study.
- Complete the Sustainability Leadership Application. The Sustainability Leadership faculty committee will review your application in a timely manner. As part of your application and with your consent, the Sustainability Leadership faculty committee receives a recommendation from Goshen College Student Life and Health/Wellness Offices. There is no other paperwork for you to complete.
- Once your admission is confirmed, Lisa Zinn will forward your registration request to the Goshen College Registrar. You do not need to register for the courses online.
For undergraduate students enrolled at other colleges/universities:
- Discuss with your academic advisor how participation in the Sustainability Leadership semester fits in your overall program of study.
- Contact Lisa Zinn as early as possible with your expression of interest. Note that it can take weeks or even months to get approval from your home school to apply credits from a different school, and we may need to prepare and to provide materials that will help you in that process.
- Apply to Goshen College as a guest student. Your primary contact person for this process is Admissions Counselor Kristin Waltner, and she can answer admissions questions you have at this stage.
- Once you are admitted to Goshen College, complete the Sustainability Leadership Application. The Sustainabiliy Leadership committee will review your application in a timely manner.
- Pay the Goshen College tuition deposit.
- Lisa Zinn will carry out your registration in the SLS courses with the Goshen College Registrar. You do not need to register for the courses online.
For those who have already completed a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university:
- Contact Lisa Zinn to express your interest in participating in the Sustainability Leadership Certificate program.
- Complete the Sustainability Leadership Certificate Program Application. The Sustainabiliy Leadership committee will review your application in a timely manner.
- Contact your undergraduate school(s) and request transcripts be sent to Merry Lea (address below).
- Lisa Zinn will contact you and finalize the arrangements for your participation in the program.
The following are downloadable application forms in a fillable PDF format:
Mail your completed SLS application forms to the address listed below:
Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College
P.O. Box 263
Wolf Lake, IN 46796