Everyone’s experience is different, and you are the only person to determine what resources will be most helpful to you. Please consider reaching out to support from the following on and off-campus resources. These support people will listen to your concerns, support you as you process your experience and consider options, and direct you to the appropriate resources.Contacting any of these support resources can be a first step in thinking through a difficult situation.
These resources are available at any time, regardless of the time or location of the incident. The confidential advocates, campus counselors, and campus pastor will only report any information you share with them at your request or if there is threat of immediate harm to you or the community. They will always inform you before sharing any information. Otherwise, conversations with these individuals are confidential.
Goshen College also offers a confidential support group, the Survivor Support Network, that meets for discussion, self-care, and support. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and a group coordinator will contact you. Your name will be held in confidence by the leaders and other members of the group.
Accessing confidential resources does not require reporting details of the situation or incident, although you may report to the Title IX Coordinator or any GC employee at any time. If you have experienced a crime, you may always contact the Goshen Police or Campus Safety (574-535-7599). GC employees are available to assist you in contacting law enforcement or seeking medical help.
Goshen College Confidential Resources:
In addition to the support on campus, you can always reach out to off-campus services. The confidential advocates, the Title IX Deputy Coordinator, On-call Administrators, or Student Life staff can help you make these contacts.
- National YWCA Domestic Violence 24-hour Crisis Line, 1 (866) 937-9922
- The Elkhart County YWCA (www.ywcain.org) has a local 24-hour crisis line: (574) 294-1811.
- The Saint Joseph Forensic Department and Emergency Room, located in Mishawaka about45 minutes 45 minutes east of Goshen) are available for medical assistance, as well as sexual assault medical exams by specifically trained sexual assault nurse examiners (also referred to as SANE nurses) (https://www.sjmed.com/forensic-department).
- The Fort Wayne Sexual Assault Treatment Center, located an hour southwest of Goshen, is a valuable resource. Their web pages include helpful links to resources as well (https://www.fwsatc.org/).
- You may also speak to a trained sexual assault advocate 24/7 by calling the National Domestic Violence Hotline, 1 (800) 332-7385, to speak to an advocate online or RAINN, 1(800) 656-4673.
- Victim Assistance Services for the Elkhart County Prosecuting Attorney’s office, (574) 523-2237 has a trained advocate to help you access resources and consider legal options, including filing a criminal report (574) 296-1888. See more details at elkhartcountyprosecutor.com.
- The Latino Coalition against Domestic and Sexual Violence in Indiana provides a toll-free Spanish phone line (1-866-442-4627) for victims who would like to talk to a bilingual advocate that can provide information about services.