Please read the Fleet Safety Policy.
Goshen College strongly encourages the use of college owned vehicles for ALL college functions and must they be reserved through the Physical Plant office via Trip Direct. Using a college vehicle is the lowest cost way to meet the college’s transportation needs and provides college insurance protection. If a college vehicle is not available, ONLY Physical Plant will reserve a vehicle through Enterprise or a personal vehicle can be used. If a personal vehicle is used, the college insurance program provides NO liability coverage or damage coverage in case of an accident. All expenses, including repair will be them individual owner’s responsibility.
Components of driver qualification
- Must complete the Driver Application Form prior to driving and/or upon request of the Physical Plant Office.
- Must possess a driver’s license valid in the U.S.
- Must submit application and copy of license to Physical Plant Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have at least 2 years of regular (daily) driving experience.
- Must be 21 years old to drive a car or minivan, and at least 25 years old to drive a 15 passenger van.
- A 1 time, 30 minute test drive is required to operate a 15 passenger van and can be scheduled through the Physical Plant office.
- Students requesting a vehicle are required to obtain signed authorization from their department or supervisor.
- The department or supervisor are required to complete Trip Direct for the student.
Charges for misuse of college vehicles
- Not using a reserved car (minimum charge for vehicle): $3 per car; $5 per mini-van; $6 per 15 passenger bus
- Failure to call ahead when not returning a vehicle as scheduled: $10
- Failure to fill out mileage slip completely $5
- Failure to return vehicle with at least half a tank of gas: $5 per gallon
- Failure to clean out vehicle after use: $5
- Once the trip information is completed, enter a submittal password: physicalplant
- Requester will receive an email confirmation of their submittal. Example: Your requested trip is routed for approval.
- The administrator receives submittal request via email.
- The administrator assigns a vehicle, approves, and then activates the trip.
- Requester then receives a 2nd email. Example: Your requested trip is activated.
- Once a trip is submitted and a trip needs to be modified or cancelled, please contact Jane Taylor:
To reserve a vehicle click on the Trip Direct link below. Don’t forget the submittal password: physicalplant