Please read the Fleet Safety Policy.
Goshen College strongly encourages the use of college owned vehicles for ALL college functions and must then be reserved through Physical Plant via Trip Direct. Using a college vehicle is the lowest cost way to meet the college’s transportation needs and provides college insurance protection. If a college vehicle is not available, ONLY Physical Plant will reserve a vehicle through Enterprise or a personal vehicle can be used. If a personal vehicle is used, the college insurance program provides NO liability coverage or damage coverage in case of an accident. All expenses, including repair will be the individual owner’s responsibility.
Components of driver qualification
- Must complete the Driver Application Form prior to driving and/or upon request of the Physical Plant Office
- Must possess a driver’s license valid in the U.S.
- Must submit application and copy of license to Physical Plant Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must have at least 2 years of regular (daily) driving experience
- Must be 21 years old to drive a car or minivan, and at least 25 years old to drive a 12 passenger van and a 15 passenger mini bus
- A 1 time, 30 minute test drive is required to operate the 15 passenger mini bus. This can be scheduled through the Physical Plant office
- Students requesting a vehicle are required to obtain signed authorization from their department or supervisor
- The department or supervisor are required to complete Trip Direct for the student
Types of vehicles
- Car – 5 passenger
- Mini Van – 8 passenger (includes the driver)
- Activity Bus – 12 passenger (includes the driver)
- Mini Bus – 15 passenger (includes the driver)
*****If a Goshen College vehicle is not available, an Enterprise rental will be provided (only if request is submitted 1 week prior to departure), with the same mileage rates applying. Physical Plant will pay for the rental.
- Each vehicle is equipped with an I-Pass when travel requires passing through tolls
- Each vehicle is assigned a specificI-Pass and can not be transferred to another vehicle
- Even though theI-Pass is quite reliable when traveling the toll road, drivers should carry cash in case of failure
- Save toll receipt(s) and turn it/them into your department for reimbursement (contact Physical Plant for correct account code)
- Enterprise rentals reserved through Physical Plant will be equipped with a Goshen CollegeI-Pass if needed. The cost to replace an I-Pass if not returned with key packet is $40.
Charges for misuse of college vehicles
- Not using a reserved car (minimum charge for vehicle): $3 per car; $5 per mini-van; $6 per 12 passenger van and 15 passenger mini bus
- Failure to call ahead when not returning a vehicle as scheduled: $10
- Failure to fill out mileage slip completely $5
- Failure to return vehicle with a full tank of gas: $5 per gallon
- Failure to clean out vehicle after use: $5
- Must request vehicle(s) 2 days prior to departure/trip
- Log in issues, click forgot password to reset
- Once the trip information is completed, enter a submittal password: physicalplant
- Requester will receive an email confirmation of their submittal. Example: Your requested trip is routed for approval
- The administrator receives submittal request via email
- The administrator activates the trip and assign the type of vehicle requested
- Requester then receives a 2nd email. Example: Your requested trip is activated
- Mileage charges will be added at the end of each trip and then the trip is closed
- Requester then receives a 3rd email. Example: Your trip has been closed
*******Once a trip is submitted and a trip needs to be modified or cancelled, please contact Jane Taylor:
To reserve a vehicle click on the Trip Direct link below. Don’t forget the submittal password: physicalplant