Are you ready to take the next step to become a nurse practitioner? At Goshen College, our master’s program will help you focus on providing even better service, care and understanding to your patients, so you can advance your nursing career.
Steps to Becoming a Nurse Practitioner
The priority application deadline for Fall 2019 admission into the Family Nurse Practitioner program is March 15, 2019.
Complete the graduate program application online.
You may download and complete the following nursing graduate program application and supporting documents, and send it in by mail or email:
- Application checklist for Master of Science in Nursing program (43kb .pdf)
- Evaluation of Applicant’s Performance and Potential (66kb .pdf)
Master of Science in Nursing applications are reviewed based on the following graduate program admission and transfer criteria:
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or higher for the last degree earned (or comparable with other grading scale)
- Curriculum vitae
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a school accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education or by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- An active RN license in Indiana or Michigan (Department will verify with your state(s) of licensure)
- Three professional references (using the Evaluation of Applicant’s Performance and Potential form, above)
- Essay (see Application Checklist for content requirements)
- One year of clinical experience
- An official TOEFL or IELTS score report is required for international nursing graduate program applicants whose native language is not English and undergraduate degree was not completed in English. For the TOEFL, a score of at least 100 on the Internet-based or 600 on the written-based test is required. For the IELTS, a minimum score of 6.5 is required. Copies and faxes are not accepted as official documents, we must receive test scores directly from the testing service.
- Statistics requirement: Evidence of an introductory statistics course with grade of “C” or higher within the last seven years.
- Interview with the program director – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with times available for interview, or call the administrative assistant at 574-535-7370 to schedule an appointment. Interviews are scheduled once we have received all transcripts and application documents.
Nursing Program Transfer Credit Policy
- Transcripts will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- A maximum of 9 credit hours of comparable graduate level coursework from an accredited college or university may be transferred to Goshen’s Master of Science in Nursing program with the consent of the academic adviser. Courses considered for transfer must have a grade distinction of B (not B-) or higher.
- Comparable courses are defined as courses that fulfill the requirements for the program to which the student will be enrolled.
The nursing department reserves the right to adjust the current admission criteria when outcome assessment data demonstrate the need for such changes.