Contents of Volume XC
July 2016 Number Three
In this Issue
- The Mennonite Refugee Effort in Lager Lechfeld, 1921-1926: Beating Swords into Plowshares?
- The Earth is the Lord’s: Anabaptist Mission as Boundary-Crossing Global Ecclesiology
- Baptism, Postliberal and Anabaptist Theologies, and the Ambiguity of Christian Practice
- Mennonite Engagement in International Ecumenical Conversations: Experiences, Perspectives, and Guiding Principles
Helmut Harder and Larry Miller
- Research Note: “The Facts About Nonresistance Among the Mennonites of America”: Challenges of Quantifying U.S. Mennonite Responses to Military Conscription During World War II
Steven M. Nolt and Theron F. Schlabach
News and Announcements
Read book reviews
- Parler, Branson L. Things Hold Together: John Howard Yoder’s Trinitarian Theology of Culture.
Reviewed by Earl Zimmerman
- Ratzlaff, Gerhard. Das Mennonitische Zentralkomitee in Paraguay 1930-1980.
Reviewed by John D. Thiesen
- Brunk III, George R. Galatians. Believers Church Bible Commentary.
Reviewed by Ryan Schellenberg
- Sharp, John E. My Calling to Fulfill: The Orie O. Miller Story.
Reviewed by David R. Swartz
- Maendel, Linda. Hutterite Diaries: Wisdom from My Prairie Community.
Reviewed by Leonard Gross
- Gingerich, Owen. God’s Planet.
Reviewed by Carl S. Helrich
- Steiner, Samuel J. In Search of Promised Lands: A Religious History of Mennonites in Ontario.
Reviewed by Esther Epp-Tiessen
- Goertz, Hans-Jürgen. Thomas Müntzer. Revolutionär am Ende der Zeiten – Eine Biographie.
Reviewed by James M. Stayer
- van Veen, Mirjam, Piet Visser, and Gary K. Waite, eds. Sisters: Myth and Reality of Anabaptist, Mennonite, and Doopsgezind Women, ca. 1525-1900.
Reviewed by Susan C. Karant-Nunn
- Carpenter, Steven P. Mennonites and Media: Mentioned in It, Maligned by It, and Makers of It. How Mennonites Have Been Portrayed in Media and How They Have Shaped Media for Identity and Outreach.
Reviewed by Diane Zimmerman Umble
- Gundy, Jeff. Abandoned Homeland: Poems.
Reviewed by Jesse Nathan
This page and all its contents © The Mennonite Quarterly Review. All rights reserved.
E-mail The Mennonite Quarterly Review: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: (574) 535-7433
Fax: (574) 535-7438