Additional Resources for GC Employees
For faculty advisors
- What can I do with this major?
- GC 4-year career plan
- US Department of Labor – The Occupational Outlook Handbook provides details on hundreds of occupations including expected earnings, the job outlook, and related occupations.
- Goshen College internship policy
- Internships: An Employer’s Guide to Experiential Education
- Employer evaluation of student intern
- Student evaluation of internship
An Excel database containing previous internship placements can be found on the Offices drive under “Career Services.” We post all current internship opportunities on the GC job & internship bank.
Résumés & cover letters
Résumé templates for students
These Microsoft Word files allow students to fill in their personal information without recreating the document. Encourage students to customize the template to make their résumé stand out. (ex. change the font, add/delete sections, adjust the margins, etc.)
For current students and recent graduates:
For alumni and others with significant professional experience:
Other Résumé Resources
- List of action verbs for résumés
- Standard format for cover letters
- WetFeet Résumés – Two dozen articles with résumé writing advice.
- CareerBuilder.com – Scroll down the page for numerous articles on résumé writing.
- 50 standard interview questions
- Behavioral interviewing
- Tips for interviewing attire
- CollegeGrad.com – How to dress, thank you letters, and sample questions.
- Monster.com – Interview prep, etiquette, and types of interviews.
References & recommendation letters
- Letter writing tips and sample template
- From the National Association of Colleges and Employers:
Resources for writing your CV
A resource from Purdue University
Contains sample CVs and an extensive list of sections to consider including in your CV.
a resource from Berkeley University
contains a CV outline, as well as other resources
Provides general information about professional writing techniques