Minor in sport management
20 credit hours
- Acc 201, Principles of Financial Accounting 3
- Bus 315, Principles of Management 3
- Bus 316, Principles of Marketing 3
- Kin 250, Introduction to Kinesiology 3
- Kin 310, Sport Management 3
- Kin 351, Event Management Practicum 1
- Kin 354, Facility Management Practicum 1
- Sports skills classes 3
Student learning outcomes
In addition to general student outcomes described in the physical education section of the catalog, graduates in sport management will:
- Describe historical, sociological, psychological and cultural aspects of sport in kinesiology.
- Understand basic principles in accounting, management and marketing.
- Understand basic strategies in sport event and facility management.
- Demonstrate competency in several sports skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking strategies, creativity and reflection when processing a problem.
- Demonstrate professional ethical leadership behavior and skills: attire, communication, relationships, responsibility, initiative and the ability to empower others.
Planning and advising notes
The sport management minor is available to students in any major. Courses required for the minor may duplicate courses required in the student’s major only with permission from the major advisor.
This minor may be expanded into a major via the interdisciplinary studies program.