Recent senior psychology internships at Goshen College:
- Oaklawn – large community mental health community with multiple levels of service to children, adolescents and adults. Interns often work as needed and typically are employed for pay.
- New Paris Elementary School – work with the school counselor, one-on-one with an elementary student, help co-lead groups
- Behavioral Analysis Center for Autism – work with behavioral analysis counselors who work with children/adults with autism teaching them communication and life skills
- Elkhart County Clubhouse – drop-in house for adults with mental illness. Members help maintain and run the house. Interns join the members in the daily tasks and meetings.
- Church Community Services – nonprofit organization with various services such as Soup for Success (empowerment/employment for women), food pantry, support groups.
- Women’s Shelter – crisis center for women and children from domestic violence.
- Elkhart County Special Education Coop – work with a school psychologist observing educational evaluations, team meetings, etc.
- ADEC – organization for adults with disabilities. Interns work with one client on the unique goals for that individual (daily living skills, money management, employment, etc.)
- The Crossing – an alternative school for youth who have struggled in traditional school. Faith-based organization that combines the traditional classroom with on-the-job-training.