Course Development Institute (CDI)
Register now to attend the Course Development Institute. This four-day, mornings-only workshop will be offered twice this summer, once in June and once in July.
Format and Goals
By way of highly interactive processes and activities, the work of the institute will guide you through the beginning phases of developing a new course or adding new dimensions to an existing course, and will allow for immediate feedback on your plans from colleagues in other departments and disciplines.
Participants will be asked to choose one course to develop or re-develop. By the end of the institute, participants can expect to have:
- determined learning outcomes for students in one class they have chosen to develop
- outlined a major final assignment (or exam) that gathers evidence about the extent to which students have achieved those outcomes
- developed a basic schedule for the course they have chosen to develop
- mapped out and aligned assignments and grading that directs students toward their learning outcomes
- written a lesson plan outline for one day of the course
Dates and Location
- Monday, July 13- Thursday, July 16 NC 19
Workshop hours: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; afternoons will require independent work time.
Intentional Learning Communities (ILC)
The five-day Intentional Learning Community workshop prepares educators to facilitate collaborative learning teams in the classroom and with colleagues. We will learn the habits, tools, and skills that lead to more reflective practice, challenge our assumptions about educational excellence and equity, and increase student achievement. We will use School Reform Initiative protocols and resources to support adult learning and collaboration; each participant will receive a copy of the SRI Resource and Protocol book. All participants will have the opportunity to present authentic work from their practice for review and feedback and to facilitate these work sessions.
Date and Location
A light breakfast will be provided each morning in Newcomer Center Room 17.
Snacks will be provided
- Jody Saylor, Associate Professor of Biology, firstname.lastname@example.org, (574) 535-7306
- Erin Milanese, Head of Learning Technologies, email@example.com, (574) 535-7426