ResCare Residential Services
This position provides support and training, including but not limited to, emotional support, physical support and monitoring, and development of life skills through training programs, all leading to increased independence and participation in community life for persons with developmental disabilities and/or other related disorders.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Provides assistance to person(s) served in order to promote their physical, social, and psychological well-being. Interacts frequently and positively with person(s) served and support staff to promote the rights of the person(s) served to achieve an enhanced quality of life. Follow agency procedures to promote optimum health care and behavioral supports to maintain the well-being of person(s) served. Follow agency procedures to promote optimum safety practices to provide a safe environment. Completes all documentation as required to ensure quality services. Other duties as assigned
- Experience in providing services and supports to individuals with mental retardation, developmental disabilities, or related disorders preferred.
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years.
- Valid driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record, as defined by ResCare’s vehicle policy.
- Must meet all agency requirements for pre- employment as required by ResCare and/or State regulations
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Capable of working responsibly with highly confidential information.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Exceptions to educational requirements must comply with state law and regulations.
Travel Requirements: Travel between job sites. (Goshen, Elkhart and South Bend areas)
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Physical demands: Must be able to utilize proper body mechanics while lifting up to 75 pounds, must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull reach, sit, and walk for periods of time. Must have fine vision, sustained vision, and peripheral vision. Must possess sufficient eye/hand coordination to operate office, adaptive, and household equipment. Work environment: Light and ventilation as found in typical home or office setting. Hazards may exist if the employee fails to use proper body mechanics when lifting or transporting an individual or item, if vehicles are not operated safely, or if proper techniques are not used when intervening with individuals. The possibility of blood borne pathogens exists if universal precautions are not followed.
How to Apply
Apply on line at www.rescare.com/careers; choose state and city – wherever applicant wishes to work.