Write a 1-2 page concept paper to test your idea further. It should contain the following:
- Three sentences answering: What do you want to do? How is it focused on the Goshen College mission? How much will it cost? (a ballpark figure)
- Two-three sentences describing the need or problem being addressed
- Two paragraphs on the proposed solution
- One paragraph on the benefit this particular solution (outcome) will bring or, for science proposals, the method that will be followed
- One paragraph on why you are the best person to do this project
- Three key words to use for searching for funders
Use this concept paper as a foundation for discussion with the grants coordinator, department chair or the President’s Council member who supervises your department.