Professor of Bible & Religion
- B.A., Goshen College, 1978
- M.Div., Anabaptist Mennonite Biblicalseminary, 1985
- Ph.D., Harvard University, 1992
Wyse Hall 305 (Map)
- On sabbatical for the 2016-17 school year
- Visiting Professor at the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, Germany
- Writing a commentary on the Book of Job for the Believers Church Bible Commentary Series
- I am currently engaged in a commentary project on the book of Job. I am primarily interested in the Joban tradition in the context of the biblical corpus and the Ancient Near East and Job in the life of the Church.
- Recent research projects in which I have been engaged in the framework of the Goshen College Maple Scholars program include references to Job in 16th century Anabaptist sources and the Joban tradition in popular culture.
- I have also been engaged in research on the topic of religion and sports for my Religious World core course “Religion and Sports.”
- I have been involved for many years in research related to the interface of Christian-Muslim dialogue.
- CORE 120 Engaging the Bible
- Hebrew Scriptures
- Hebrew Prophets
- Psalms and Wisdom
- Religion and Sports
- Hebrew Language and Culture
- Elementary Latin