Professor of Physics
- B.A., Goshen College, 1984
- M.S., Purdue University West Lafayette, 1985
- Ph.D., University of Illinois Urbana, 1994
Science Hall 011 (Map)
Currently I’m interested in using NASA’s GRACE satellite data to explore changes of groundwater. See the 2016 Maple Scholar’s projects page for a description of work with Bryan Yoder.
- x-ray diffraction and reflectivity of thin film heterostructures and calcite
- acoustical meta-materials
See my Classes page for a current list of what I’m teaching (and links to course websites).
Together, we’ll be leading the 2017 SST unit to Tanzania (starting January, 2017).
I’ve lived for more than a year each in Costa Rica, Germany, and Japan, and am fluent in Spanish and German.