Minor in music in worship
20-21 credit hours
- Mus 201/202, Music Theory I & II 8
- Mus 204, Survey of Music Literature 3
- Mus 212, Introduction to Conducting 1
- Mus 311, Topics in Music Literature: Church Music 2
- Applied music 4
- One of the following courses: 2-3
- Mus 208, Piano Pedagogy I
- Mus 210, Elementary Music Methods
- Participation in a core ensemble at least four semesters NC
- Sophomore recital or project (may be given in junior or senior year) NC
Student learning outcomes
Graduates in music will:
- Demonstrate growth in musicianship and artistry for excellence in music performance.
- Demonstrate increased skills and knowledge for quality scholarship in music.
- Develop expertise toward effective pedagogies and leadership in music.
- Integrate performance skills, aesthetic understandings and academic work toward music’s service as an instrument of peacemaking and the deepening of Christian faith.
- Demonstrate preparedness for a vibrant career that includes using the musical arts for a positive contribution to society.
Music in worship is also available as a concentration within the music major.