Goshen College is a Christian liberal arts institution that prepares students to thrive in life, leadership and service. We strive to model an inclusive community committed to transformative justice, peace, and sustainability. A respect and appreciation of the Anabaptist-Mennonite faith perspective and practices, and a commitment to the mission, vision, core values and community standards of Goshen College, are important for teaching and administrative faculty members.
Goshen College invites applications for a full-time (10 month contract) Assistant or Associate Professor to continue to lead and direct our BA in Public Health, which includes two tracks for a major and also a minor in public health. Primary responsibilities include keeping courses up to date within the program, teaching courses in the program, oversight of adjunct faculty, and responsibility for the overall curriculum. Goshen College faculty serve on institution-wide committees, mentor and advise students, and participate in student recruitment for their respective program. Candidates must be interested in working closely with a diverse range of students, fellow faculty members, and admissions as part of a small, vibrant campus and community.
The salary for this position ranges from $48,070 to $72,135 depending upon credentials and experience.
- Provide independent oversight for the major including curricular design and alignment
- Prepare course syllabi for courses in the major and minor
- Teach assigned courses using community-engaged learning practices
- Keep program in alignment with CEPH standards with a future goal of accreditation
- Build Community Networks and serve as an ambassador for the role of public health
- Requires frequent and on-going interactions with community stakeholder in the field of public health
- Provide internship and capstone experiences that are essential to current standards of practice
- Actively coach, mentor and guide students through advising, professional development, and role acquisition
- Carry vision for the future growth of the program and communicate in a clear and direct manner to all stakeholders
- Remain current in the field and understand community / public health landscape
- Engage in opportunities for scholarly and community engagement
- Prepare the program for initial accreditation with the Council on Education for Public Health
- Prepare needed reports on the program’s growth to both internal (Goshen College annual report) and external constituencies (grant reports, etc.)
- Participate in grant writing and administration and program documentation
- Communicate clearly with students, outside agencies, and internal personnel
- Provide leadership within the public health program through supervision of faculty and staff
- Recruit, onboard and mentor faculty and staff
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS –
- Master’s degree in public health required
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS –
- Excellent aptitude and ability in teaching and/or applied practice
- Collaborative and creative approach to working relationships with colleagues, students, and community partners
- Demonstrated intercultural competence and ability to work effectively with others in a diverse, multicultural environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly self-driven and resourceful
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS –
- Background in health education, social behavior change, or health leadership
- Fluency in Spanish; other language abilities welcome
- Previous teaching in higher education
- Program administrative skills and experience
- Experience in community health work, teaching, published scholarship, or curricular leadership
- Earned doctorate in public health or public health discipline
- Health insurance (employee premium 100% covered)
- Dental, vision, life and LTD insurance
- Retirement plans
- Tuition discounts
- Free employee membership to Recreation/Fitness Center
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays and sick leave
See our website for additional benefit information.
About Goshen College
Goshen College is a nationally-ranked college and Hispanic-Serving Institution in Indiana renowned for its distinctive hands-on, real-world educational opportunities, and its commitment to creating positive change in the community and the world. The college offers over 65 undergraduate areas of study; as well as best-in-class graduate programs in nursing, business administration, social work and environmental education. This caring, safe and diverse campus prides itself on providing excellent academic programs that connect arts with sciences, and theory with practice — exposing students to multiple perspectives and encouraging them to think deeply, live creatively and lead purposefully.
The college is located in the City of Goshen in the heart of Elkhart County, within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant and entrepreneurial downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
How to Apply
Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the online Faculty Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three professional references with contact information
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts (official transcripts) and background check will be required prior to hire.
Review of applications will begin mid-November, 2023, and continue until the position is filled, ideally no later than early March 2024. With a commitment to building a diverse faculty and staff, underrepresented persons are encouraged to apply.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. As a religious institution, Goshen College expressly reserves its rights, its understandings of, and its commitments to the historic Anabaptist identity and the teachings of Mennonite Church USA, and reserves the legal right to hire and employ individuals who support the values of the college. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111
Fax: (574) 535-7319