Six student winners of the 2018 Goshen College Concerto-Aria Competition performed arias and individual concerto movements with the Goshen College Symphony Orchestra, directed by Associate Professor of Music Jose Rocha, in the 58th annual Concerto-Aria Concert on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018.
- Lukas Thompson, a junior music major from Goshen, will perform “It Is Enough” from Elijah by Mendelssohn.
- Josh Liechty, a junior molecular biology/biochemistry major from Archbold, Ohio, will perform “Look, Through the Port” from Billy Budd by Benjamin Britten.
- Mark Kreider, a senior environmental science major from North Newton, Kansas, will perform Piano Concerto No. 1, mvt. 1 by Sergei Rachmaninov.
- Anne Buckwalter, a junior music major from Wellman, Iowa, will perform Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 1, mvt. 1.
- Monica Miller, a senior music major from Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, will perform
Intro and Rondo Capriccioso by Camille Saint-Saëns.
- Tyrus Tucker, a junior music major from Elkhart, Indiana, will perform Concerto for Marimba and Strings by Emmanuel Séjourné.
Photos by Mia Graber Miller ’20