Goshen College encourages individuals to report any incident in which an incident of sexual misconduct is believed to have occurred.
If this is an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. For more information and resources, see the support & resources page.
If you have experienced an incident of gender-based or sexual harassment, domestic or interpersonal violence, sexual assault or any sexual misconduct, the following form is one way to inform the campus of your situation and, if you want, seek on-campus or off-campus resources.
If you are a Goshen College employee, you may also contact the faculty advocate for confidential advice. For assistance with filing an employee report of sexual or gender harassment or misconduct, please contact Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org or 574. 535-7111). Employees preferring make an anonymous report of misconduct may contact the confidential Campus Conduct Hotline provided by Human Resources at 866-943-5787.
What information do I need to provide?
This form gathers key information–the location, date, and nature of the incident–that is needed to ensure that the situation receives proper attention. Names are optional unless you would like to request further support or an investigation and verdict.
Below we provide additional information for frequently asked questions, but feel free to add your information in the space at the bottom of the form. Remember, you have control over the type of response and support you would like to have.
If you have other questions you would like to have addressed confidentially before or after completing this form, you can email email@example.com or call 574-535-6232. You may also contact Beth Martin Birky, Title IX Deputy Coordinator directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 574-535-7113.
What will happen with this information?
The report will be processed by Title IX Deputy Coordinator (Beth Martin Birky). Incidents involving Goshen College employees will be processed by Human Resources (Deanna Risser). If you feel uncomfortable having Beth or Deanna processing your report, please contact the faculty advocate, Regina Shands Stoltzfus before filling out this form.
- The Title IX Deputy Coordinator contacts the reporter by email to extend support and accommodations. The survivor can choose what steps to take next. All information will be kept private unless a threat exists to the individual’s or community’s immediate safety. In this case, the Title IX Deputy Coordinator will contact the survivor about any steps being taken. Remember that we are unable to respond to anonymous reports.
- Title IX requires the college to conduct a preliminary inquiry into all reports, but the survivor has the choice to pursue an informal resolution (facilitated or mediated process) or a formal investigation through the Sexual Misconduct Response Team (SMRT). In a formal investigation, only SMRT members conducting the investigation will see your report.
- In the initial meeting with the Title IX Deputy Coordinator, we will review your report, consider the resources and accommodations that are most helpful, and verify your decision to pursue an informal or formal resolution. Accommodations can include academic support, housing changes, no contact orders, or other adaptations you might need to continue with a safe and successful learning experience. These supports are also available before, during, and after reporting. Remember, you must provide your name in order to receive accommodations.
- Incidents occurring on campus– covered by the Clery Act will be included in Goshen College’s annual Clery report of crime statistics.
- All information related to your report and any accommodations or investigation will be maintained in a secure location and shared only with those directly involved in providing you with resources or conducting the investigation. You will be informed when and how information will be shared.
Incident Report Form
* denotes required