Goshen College welcomes Class of 2015 this weekend, classes to begin
GOSHEN, Ind. — The 2011-12 academic year is ready to start and members of the Goshen College Class of 2015 are beginning their college journeys this weekend when they move in and participate in orientation activities.
New students will check in at the Church-Chapel Fellowship Hall and move into Kratz, Miller and Yoder residence halls from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 27. Returning students arrive Sunday afternoon. Athletes and student leaders moved in earlier during the week. Classes begin Aug. 29 at 7 p.m.
Schedule for new and returning students to Goshen College:
- Saturday, Aug. 27
- 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Check-in at Church-Chapel Fellowship Hall. New students may move in to their residence halls during this time also.
- 2-3 p.m. – Welcome convocation for students and parents into the Goshen College community, Church-Chapel
- 5 p.m. – Presidential picnic for new students, their families, faculty and staff on green in front of the Administration Building
- Sunday, Aug. 28
- 10-11 a.m. – Student Life coffee for students and parents, Schrock Plaza
- 11 a.m. – Worship service for new students and parents, Church-Chapel
- Noon – Parents say goodbye and depart.
- 2-8 p.m. – Returning students arrive and move in to residence halls.
- 9 p.m. – Ice cream social, Schrock Plaza
- Monday, Aug. 29
- 7 p.m. – Evening classes begin.
- Tuesday, Aug. 30
- 8 a.m. – Fall day classes begin.
- Wednesday, Aug. 31
- 5:15 a.m. – Blessing and send-off for students departing for semester in Peru through Study-Service Term, south end of the Union Building
- 10 a.m. – Opening convocation with President James E. Brenneman speaking on “A Culture for Service Leadership,” Church-Chapel
- 12:45 p.m. – Blessing and send-off for students departing for semester in China through Study-Service Term, south end of the Union Building
All news media are invited and welcome to attend. For directions and a campus map, visit: www.goshen.edu/aboutgc/map.php.
Editors: Photographers are welcome at any of the events listed. For more information about this release, to arrange an interview or request a photo, contact Goshen College News Bureau Director Jodi H. Beyeler at (574) 535-7572 or email@example.com.
Goshen College, established in 1894, is a residential Christian liberal arts college rooted in the Anabaptist-Mennonite tradition. The college’s Christ-centered core values – passionate learning, global citizenship, compassionate peacemaking and servant-leadership – prepare students as leaders for the church and world. Recognized for its unique Study-Service Term program, Goshen has earned citations of excellence in Barron’s Best Buys in Education, “Colleges of Distinction,” “Making a Difference College Guide” and U.S.News & World Report‘s “America’s Best Colleges” edition, which named Goshen a “least debt college.” Visit www.goshen.edu.