Admission requirements for International Students
Goshen College seeks to enroll students who are prepared for a challenging academic program that will prepare them for a successful career after they graduate. Requirements for international applicants include:
- A TOEFL score of
- 550 (paper version)
- 213 (computer version)
- 79 (internet version)
- or an overall Band Score of 6.0 on the IELTS
- or a grade of “C” or better on the General Certificate of Education (GCE) English exam
- Official secondary school transcripts, exam reports, and/or diplomas (certified with original signatures and/or seals)
- Bank statements and/or salary statements and/or sponsor letters
- Official post-secondary/university transcripts and exam reports (certified with original signatures or seals)
- Certified English translations of all documents if they are not in English (www.wes.org is our recommendation for these translations)
- Guidance counselor reference or college personnel reference
- A copy of the student’s passport
- Certification of funds / financial information
- For a printable list of the documents required to complete your admission file, please see the application checklist.
- It is also highly recommended that international students submit SAT I scores with their application for admission. The SAT exam is given in locations around the world several times a year. Students may obtain details of when the exam is administered and how to apply by contacting the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Students should start planning a year in advance of the time they plan to begin studies at Goshen College to take the required TOEFL and SAT I exams and to prepare the other required documents for admission and financial aid consideration.
If you decide that Goshen could be your “dream-come-true” place, we invite you to apply for admission and become a part of Goshen’s global village.