International Students & Parents
All financial aid at Goshen College is awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need. Financial need is the difference between your financial resources and your student budget (tuition, fees, room and board, personal expenses, etc). Financial need is determined from information supplied by you and your parents to the college. The International Student Financial Aid Application is used to estimate the amount that you and your family may be expected to contribute toward your student budget.
Federal regulations limit the types of federal financial assistance available to international students. Those students with F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2; and G series visas must have enough resources to meet their expenses throughout their stay at the college.
For more information please click on any of the following links:
- Applying for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid renewal
- Scholarships and Grants
- Other resources for International Students
When creating a financial aid package for a student, the Financial Aid Office first looks at the student’s budget for the academic year. A budget consists of tuition, room and board, books and supplies, estimated transportation and estimated personal expenses.
|Room & Board||$ 9,460|
|Total Cost||$ 37,960|
Applying for Financial Aid
To be considered for financial aid at Goshen College, you must:
- Be admitted to Goshen College.
- Complete the International Student Financial Aid application. You may download this form or request it from the Financial Aid Office.
Financial Aid Renewal
A student at Goshen College is eligible to receive financial aid for a total of eight semesters, providing the following requirements are met:
- Complete a Continuing Student Financial Aid Application
- Continue demonstrating financial need
- Display satisfactory academic progress. For more information please refer to the Goshen College Catalog.
Scholarships and Grants
International Tuition Grant:
Covers part of the cost of tuition. The actual percentage depends on the financial need of the student as well as grades. International students may apply for aid as a part of the admission process. To be considered, a completed application along with all supporting transcripts and test scores must be submitted along with a financial declaration.
Goshen College offers athletic and music scholarships for qualified students. For music, an application and audition are required. Note: A student cannot receive both an athletic and a music scholarship.
Some U.S. banks offer loans to international students if the loan is co-signed by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with good credit.
When comparing loans, it is important to carefully compare costs. Loans have their interest rates based on the 91-days T-Bill rate or to the Prime Lending Rate.
Other Resources for International Students
- Edupass: The SmartStudent Guide to Study in the U.S.A.
- The International Student and Study Abroad Resource Center
- Free searchable database of scholarships for international students