GC in the News: 2007
Note: This news archive is old and –because many organizations have changed their online architecture since its writing– some urls may be broken.
Creation Care roundtable hosted by Goshen College. Council for Christian Colleges & Universities. Dec. 7, 2007.
Reading trilogy offers grounds for discussion. South Bend Tribune. Dec. 6, 2007.
Talk of the Quad. Sierra Magazine. Nov./Dec. 2007.
Stevens helped Lancaster Mennonites, Amish avoid war (by columnist Jack Brubaker). Lancaster New Era. Nov. 23, 2007.
Memories of college, by alumnus Marie Snyder (syndicated columnist). The Emporia Gazette. Nov. 19, 2007.
A Plain talk on ag area. Sunday News (Lancaster, Pa.). Nov. 18, 2007.
Mennonite Church USA members turning away from historic beliefs. Canadian Mennonite University News. Nov. 17, 2007.
One for the books: Local authors offer good reads. The Truth. Nov. 17, 2007.
Author: Nuclear weapons becoming ecological issue. The Goshen News. Nov. 17, 2007.
New talent keeps group Sweet. South Bend Tribune. Nov. 16, 2007.
Clean-Up after grocery store fire. WNDU-16. Nov. 15, 2007.
Community Unites to Help Clean Up Goshen Grocery Store After Fire. WSBT-22. Nov. 15, 2007.
Volunteers Brave The Cold To Clean Up After Restaurant Fire. Fox 28. Nov. 15, 2007.
“Amish Grace” and Professor of History Steve Nolt media coverage:
- Amish forgiveness and the rest of us. Christian Leader Magazine, Feb. 2008. (PDF)
- Authors donate royalties from Amish Grace. MCC.org. Jan. 17, 2008.
- Included on Publishers Weekly’s Best of 2007 list.
- Nolt op-ed: The Amish remind us all that forgiveness is possible. South Bend Tribune. Oct. 10, 2007.
- ‘Grace’ a popular read. The Truth. Oct. 6, 2007.
- On Amish Grace. Bill Moyers Journal. Oct. 5, 2007. (video, transcript, resources)
- Nolt op-ed: Amish grieving expresses forgiveness, not anger.Indianapolis Star. Oct. 4, 2007.
- The context of forgiveness. Chuck Colson’s BreakPoint Commentary. Oct. 3, 2007.
- An interview with Nolt: How can the Amish forgive what seems unforgivable? USAToday. Oct. 2, 2007.
- Authors describe Amish faith, forgiveness. Goshen News. Oct. 2, 2007.
- GC prof tells of Amish will to forgive. The Truth. Oct. 2, 2007.
- Among the Amish, a grace that endures. The Philadelphia Inquirer. Oct. 1, 2007.
- Nickel Mines legacy: Forgive first. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Sept. 30, 2007.
- ‘Amish Grace’ writers merged styles, ideas. Lancaster Intelligencer Journal. Sept. 25, 2007.
- Book explores Amish ability to forgive. Lancaster Intelligencer Journal. Sept. 24, 2007.
- Amish grace. Lancaster Sunday News. Sept. 23, 2007.
- Amish School Boys Struggle With Memories. Associated Press. Sept. 22, 2007.
- Steve Nolt interview on PBS’s Religion & Ethics Newsweekly. Sept. 21, 2007.
- Book excerpt on ChristianityToday.com. Sept. 17, 2007.
Commentary by President Jim Brenneman: “GC alumni are servant leaders locally, worldwide,” The Goshen News, Oct. 7, 2007.
Journal of Religion, Conflict, and Peace Launches Online Scholarly Discussion of Role of Religion in Peace, Baltimore Chronicle & Sentinel, Oct. 3, 2007.
Taking a walk on Wild side, Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, Sept. 23, 2007.
Director of Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College Luke Gascho was a guest on WNIT’s “Politically Speaking” show about alternative energy, Sept. 23, 2007.
Celebrate Service Day, WSBT-22, Sept. 19, 2007.
Workers look beyond the paycheck in choosing a career, The Truth, Sept. 8, 2007.
They adhere to corps principles, Los Angeles Times, Aug. 11, 2007.
South Bend native pushes for quality jazz, South Bend Tribune, July 20, 2007.
The Future of the Amish, The Chronicle of Higher Education: The Chronicle Review, July 20, 2007. (Subscription required)
Tale of a great experiment, South Bend Tribune, July 15, 2007.
Amish adopt solar power at home, work, Akron Beacon Journal, July 13, 2007.
Strong Start: Grants help launch young entrepreneurs , The Truth, July 7, 2007.
Retiring faculty won’t disappear, The Truth, July 3, 2007.
Life on wild side attracts Amish teens, IndyStar.com, July 1, 2007.
Lift every voice and sing, The Christian Chronicle, July 1, 2007.
The Nursing Education Dilemma, Inside Higher Ed, June 22, 2007.
Radio staffers have Bethany connection, The Goshen News, June 16, 2007.
Colleges go for green, Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, June 10, 2007.
‘Only is enough,’ Goshen chief tells IMS grads, The Kalona News, May 24, 2007.
Look Mom, No Ads, Editor & Publisher, May 18, 2007.
The scoop on nature, South Bend Tribune, May 17, 2007.
Adults learn music in relaxed atmosphere, Goshen News, May 12, 2007.
College students protest Iraq War, Goshen News, May 10, 2007.
Christian Colleges’ Green Revolution, Christianity Today, May 2007.
The commencement speeches commence, CBS News Couric & Co. blog, 5.3.07.
Feeding the Wolves, God’s Politics blog, 5.2.07.
DJ champions ‘women’s music’; Female artists, issues have taken center stage on broadcaster’s show for 20 years, The Indianapolis Star, 4.30.07.
GC graduation: ‘Choose courage over fear,’ Goshen News, 4.30.07.
Goshen College graduates bask in glow of achievements, spring sunshine,The Truth, 4.30.07.
Following mom at GC, Goshen News, 4.28.07.
Goshen students sleep outside to raise awareness, South Bend Tribune, 4.19.07.
Goshen College has a crisis plan, Goshen News, 4.19.07.
Goshen students sleep on lawn, WNDU-TV, 4.18.07.
Reaction to the [Virginia Tech] shootings, Goshen News, 4.18.07.
The ‘Circle’ unbroken for Harder, The Truth, 4.10.07.
Plugged into women; For 20 years, Wilma Harder has pumped up their airplay, South Bend Tribune, 4.8.07.
Area theater groups take contest honors, The Truth, 3.27.07.
Eye-opening look at relationships, South Bend Tribune, 3.23.07.
College master plan unveiled, The Goshen News, 3.16.07.
Soweto’s harmony includes HIV fight, South Bend Tribune, 3.12.07.
Is this really the ‘Lost Tomb of Jesus?’, South Bend Tribune, 3.4.07.
‘Green’ building practices save money over time, The Truth, 2.24.07.
Gamers dive in to virtual reality, The Truth, 2.24.07.
Establishing a small business takes solid plan, very long hours , The Truth, 2.17.07.
Faith, therapy restore singer’s voice, South Bend Tribune, 1.26.07.
Goshen College holds ‘Weather or Not’ celebration, WNDU-16, 1.24.07.
Local experts choose unknown favs, South Bend Tribune, 1.22.07.
Beyond the shadow, no doubt, South Bend Tribune, 1.21.07.
Goshen women write Hoosier ‘herstory,’ Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly, 1.20.07.
Message revealed in hip-hop, South Bend Tribune, 1.16.07.
Commentaries by President James Brenneman:
- King’s dream remains alive for this son of the South, The South Bend Tribune, 1.15.07.
- Community should honor the vision and ideals of Martin Luther King Jr.,The Goshen News, 1.14.07.
- King visit historic moment for Goshen College, The Truth, 1.14.07.
Teachers reflect on King’s visit to Goshen College, The Truth, 1.14.07.
A rare breed: Salary, sociology may contribute to schools’ lack of male teachers, The Truth, 1.11.07.
Sonnet sense: Goshen poet writes about Amish school house shootings, The Truth, 1.9.07.
Categories: GC in the News