iPad Lease / Purchase Program for Juniors, Seniors, Part-Time, and Transfer Students
For year two of GC’s iCore Program, our goal is to have 100 percent iPad coverage at the course level. That means if a professor is incorporating the iPad into a course, we want to make it easy and affordable for every student in the class to have one, even while recognizing that not everyone may need or want one. To accomplish this we’ve created a subsidized iPad lease/purchase program. Here are the details:
- All juniors, seniors, part-time students, and transfer students are eligible for this lease/purchase program, whether you have a class that uses the iPad, you feel like you’d benefit academically by having one, or you just want one.
- It’s as easy as buying a textbook. One payment of $160 or two payments of $80. After two semesters, the iPad belongs to you. That’s it. Limit 1 per student. (Students who sign up for the lease program in the fall will have the option to spread their lease payment over both fall and spring semesters. But, students who sign up in December or later may only have the option to pay the entire $160 on their spring or May term tuition statement.) Please note students in the traditional program can sign-up for the lease program as late as May 12, 2014 and still have the charge applied to their May term tuition statement, and receive their iPad upon payment of the lease amount. Those students in the traditional program who sign up after May 12, 2014, won’t be billed for the lease payment until the start of the next fall semester, and won’t receive their iPad until after the start of the next fall semester.
- You’ll get a 16 GB iPad Mini, the same model incoming first-year students will be receiving.
- Sometime between now and when you receive your iPad, set up your AppleID. This will allow you to purchase apps and eBooks, and is required to set up your iPad. You can sign up at https://appleid.apple.com
- You will need to purchase a case to personalize and protect your iPad. You can either do this in advance or buy one at the college bookstore when you arrive on campus. Your cover helps distinguish your iPad as yours. On a campus full of iPads that’s important, so be creative! Be sure that the cover provides adequate protection for the screen, the back of the iPad, and the corners of the iPad. The model is the iPad Mini, so make sure that the cover you choose is designed for the iPad Mini.
Many students will find that over a two-year period this is a net cost savings versus buying or renting paper textbooks. We also hope that you’ll take up the challenge of applying the iPad to your discipline in creative, innovative ways, and share your discoveries with those around you. To sign up for the lease program and to ensure delivery by the start of school, you will need to sign up by August 10. To do so online, click the following link:
Yes, I’d like to lease an iPad (you will be prompted to authenticate with your Goshen College username and password)