Besides completing your academic course work, there are additional obligations to fulfill in order to graduate. Use this web site as the central location for information about graduation requirements as well as tips for preparing for life beyond Goshen College.
Watch the live stream of Commencement 2014
In an effort to reach family and friends who are unable to attend graduation, Goshen College will be live streaming the Commencement ceremony on Sunday, April 27. The video stream will begin at 2:50 p.m., about 10 minutes before the ceremony begins. View live stream video.
2014 Commencement event schedule
Monday, April 21
- 9 p.m.
- Senior dessert celebration – Church-Chapel Fellowship Hall
Saturday, April 26
- 1:30 p.m.
- Nurse’s pinning ceremony – Church-Chapel
- 2-5 p.m.
- Informal department receptions – graduates and families meet with professors. Exact times and locations will be announced by departments.
- 5-6 p.m.
- Dinner available for graduates, guests and faculty – Westlawn Dining Hall (normal rates apply)
- 7:30 p.m.
- Senior class program – Music Center
- 8:45-10:30 p.m.
- Reception for graduates and families – Music Center lobby, hosted by President James Brenneman and Terri Plank Brenneman
Sunday, April 27
- 11 a.m.
- Baccalaureate worship service – Church-Chapel
- 3 p.m.
- Commencement ceremony – Roman Gingerich Recreation-Fitness Center (No admission tickets needed). The commencement speaker this year will be Joyce Bontrager Lehman, technical advisor on global financial inclusion projects. She is particularly interested in how technology can be used to provide people in developing countries access to convenient and affordable formal financial services. She resides in Keene, New Hampshire.
All seniors are invited to sign the Graduation Pledge of Social and Environmental Responsibility.