Besides completing your academic course work, there are additional obligations to fulfill in order to graduate. Use this web site as the central location for information about graduation requirements as well as tips for preparing for life beyond Goshen College.
2014 Commencement event schedule
Monday, April 21
- 9 p.m.
- Senior dessert celebration – Church-Chapel Fellowship Hall
Saturday, April 26
- 1:30 p.m.
- Nurse’s pinning ceremony – Church-Chapel
- 2-5 p.m.
- Informal department receptions – graduates and families meet with professors. Exact times and locations will be announced by departments.
- 5-6 p.m.
- Dinner available for graduates, guests and faculty – Westlawn Dining Hall (normal rates apply)
- 7:30 p.m.
- Senior class program – Music Center
- 8:45-10:30 p.m.
- Reception for graduates and families – Music Center lobby, hosted by President James Brenneman and Terri Plank Brenneman
Sunday, April 27
- 11 a.m.
- Baccalaureate worship service – Church-Chapel
- 3 p.m.
- Commencement ceremony – Roman Gingerich Recreation-Fitness Center (No admission tickets needed). The commencement speaker this year will be Joyce Bontrager Lehman, a financial consultant, past program manager at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and former Goshen College professor (read more). Her speech is titled “The Imperative of Providence.” She resides in Keene, New Hampshire.
All seniors are invited to sign the Graduation Pledge of Social and Environmental Responsibility.