Besides completing your academic course work, there are additional obligations to fulfill in order to graduate. Use this web site as the central location for information about graduation requirements as well as tips for preparing for life beyond Goshen College.
2013 Commencement event schedule
Monday, April 22
- Senior Dessert Celebration – College Mennonite Church Fellowship Hall
Saturday, April 27
- 1:30 p.m.
- Nurse’s Pinning Ceremony – College Mennonite Church
- 2-5 p.m.
- Informal department receptions – graduates and families meet with professors Exact times and locations will be announced by departments
- 5-6 p.m.
- Dinner available for graduates, guests and faculty – Dining Hall (normal rates apply)
- 7:30 p.m.
- Senior Class Program – Music Center
- 8:45-10:30 p.m.
- Reception for graduates and families – Music Center Lobby; hosted by President James Brenneman and Terri Brenneman
Sunday, April 28
- 11 a.m.
- Baccalaureate worship service – College Mennonite Church
- 3 p.m.
- Commencement ceremony – Roman Gingerich Recreation-Fitness Center (No admission tickets needed) Speaker: “Searching for what’s real in a digital world” by Dan Charles, a food and agriculture correspondent for National Public Radio (NPR)
All seniors are invited to sign the Graduation Pledge of Social and Environmental Responsibility.