Celebrate the beautiful spring weather by welcoming back our annual
Nature Fest! This fun-filled festival will host new and exciting opportunities alongside the familiar family-fun activities. There will be two different tracks that participants may engage in: family-oriented activities and BioBlitz (community science) opportunities.
Family Activities: All ages are welcome to participate in activities that encourage exploration, discovery and play on Saturday, May 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Canoe, hike, make nature crafts, tour the barns and gardens of Merry Lea Sustainable Farm, and more.
BioBlitz Activities: Participate in BioBlitz events, where teams of volunteers record as many species as possible in a given area over a short period of time. One such citizen science effort will occur on Friday, May 14 7:30 to 10 p.m. to locate frogs and salamanders at the Learning Center. More BioBlitz activities involving bird counting, plant identification, insect monitoring and more will occur on Saturday, May 15 from 6:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. concurrently with the family-fun activities. These BioBlitz activities are open to participants who are middle school-aged and older.
PLEASE NOTE: Overnight camping and meals are not provided, but guests are encouraged to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy.
Friday BioBlitz: $5 per person
Saturday (all activities): $10 per adult and $7.50 per child
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
Merry Lea cares about the safety of our guests and staff. We have implemented several protocols to protect everyone’s health during the program time. We ask all participants to join Merry Lea staff in following these required guidelines:
- Self-screen before arrival
- Wear face masks/coverings
- Maintain 6 feet of distance at all times
- Be assured that all materials will be sanitized before and after use by our staff
Please see Goshen College’s Visitor Safety Guidelines for more information.
- REFUNDS: We will offer a full refund if you notify us of your cancellation within 48 hours of the event
- ALCOHOL/TOBACCO USE: Merry Lea adheres to Goshen College policies regarding the use of alcohol and tobacco. We are an alcohol, tobacco, drug, and firearm free site. See the full policy here.
- CHECK IN: Guests are required to check-in at our Farmstead Barn. Our staff will need to stay informed as guests arrive on site.
- ACTIVITIES: There will be some activities that require parent/guardian supervision. Please see the schedule for more details.