Upcoming high school juniors and seniors can make Merry Lea their
home for a week this summer at Conservation Leadership School. Camp overnight and explore the world of natural resources and conservation. Canoe across glacial lakes, plan and run a community nature event, and get a taste of careers like botany, land management or sustainable agriculture. Enjoy an educational and rejuvenating week at our beautiful 1200-acre nature preserve with peers and professionals inspired by the natural world.
When: Monday, June 6 – Friday, June 10, 2022 (camp overnight) | Applications due May 2
Where: Merry Lea Farmstead | 2152 S 425 W, Albion, IN 46701
Who: High school juniors & seniors in the 2022-23 academic year
Cost: $25 per person | Includes lodging and meals. Full scholarships available
For any questions, email Kaitlyn Sproles at email@example.com
The week will feature many exciting opportunities:
- Hands-on field and research experiences
- Learning about conserving and protecting a variety of ecosystems (wetlands, forests, prairies, lakes) and animals (amphibians, birds, mammals, reptiles)
- Canoeing, macro-invertebrate dipping, camping and swimming
- Exploring and hiking our 1200-acre nature preserve
- Building leadership and communication skills
- Learning with and from your peers
Interested students need to fill out an application below by May 2, 2022.
A short letter of recommendation from a teacher or mentor is also due by May 2, 2022, which can be submitted separately.
Masking is optional indoors and outdoors according to individual choice and health needs. Please be kind and respectful in all settings, and honor everyone’s choices about masking.