Sign-up instructions: Go to myGC and look for the SST form in the lower right corner.
US Native Americans| Leaders: David Lind and Kendra Yoder
This unit is a new, semester-long look at Native American cultures and contributions, with the last two courses taking place in Arizona.
Short-term and single course options
May Term 2020-2021
- US Cultural Perspectives: From Chicago to Amish Country — 3 credits
Leader: Philipp Gollner
- US Community Engaged Learning: Environ Disaster & Response — 3 credits
Leader: Kendra Yoder
- SOC 342, Native American Society & Cultures— 3 credits
Leader: David Lind
Phil 307, Asian Thought
Intl 253, History & Culture of Latinos in the US
Summer Term 2020-2021
- Core 300, Global Issues: Indigenous Rights
2022-2023 School Year
- Ecuador: Fall, spring and summer semesters
- Tanzania: Spring semester
Over the years, we have sent students to Belize, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Germany, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Mali, Morocco, Nicaragua, Peru, Poland and South Korea. Goshen College offered a domestic Latino Studies program in which students studied about, served in and were immersed in the local Latino culture for a semester in Northern Indiana.