Review of miscellaneous assignments
|Fuel||$CO_2$ emissions (g/cal)|
|natural gas (methane)||0.21|
|coal (~ pure carbon)||0.56|
And you found that
- Coal is becoming somewhat more expensive,
- Oil is becoming more expensive,
- Natural gas is getting cheaper.
Typical results were 100-550 Watts
in which we estimated the thickness of a puddle of soap to get an idea of about how big a molecule is. Biggest issues were...
- The puddle diameter was 115 mm $\Rightarrow r=$57.5 mm.
- You set the volume of the drop $V_d$ equal to the volume of the puddle $A\cdot t$, and solve for $t$. Make sure all the measurements are in the same units.
- Finally convert the thickness $t$ to meters.