We want parents
to be in the know

Parent Access to Student Information
Goshen College is very excited to have Parent Access to Student Information available for parents to assist their student(s) with their financial responsibilities as well as to view grades and class schedule.

What is Parent Access? A student can grant permission to parents or other individuals to view the student’s financial and/or academic information via MyGC. When a student grants parents permission to view the financial information, this also grants permission for parents to have conversations with the Accounting Office (billing statements, charges, credits, payments, 1098T information and past due amounts), Financial Aid (awards, application data, disbursements, eligibility and missing documentation). Similarly, when access to academic information is granted, parents may have conversations with the Registrar Office (schedule, grades, and unofficial transcript).

How does the student grant permission to parents?

To get started, students must do the following:

·   Students log into MyGC
·   Select Parent Access in the Quick Links in the center of the page
·   Select define New Permissions
·   Check the drop down box and select your person if they are listed there
·   Verify the address and email address information
·   If your person is not in the drop down box, enter their name, address and email address
·   Select the information you want them to have access to
·   Submit

Repeat this process to authorize access to your student information to multiple individuals.

After the student completes the granting of the parent rights, a confirmation email will be sent to the parent within three business days. This email will contain the parent’s login information. Using the information in the email, the parent will be directed to https://www.goshen.edu/parents . Then follow the instructions on the screen. After logging in, the parent will click on the For Parents Menu and under Student Information click on Access for Student’s info. Then follow instructions provided on the screen. If your parent does not receive a confirmation email, please contact the GC Help Desk at helpdesk@goshen.edu or 574-535-7700.

What if a student wants to end or modify a parent’s viewing rights, as well as their permission to speak with someone in the Accounting, Financial Aid, or Registrar’s Office? The student would click on Grant Rights to Parent/Guardians and uncheck the box in front of the name in which rights need to be ended. A student can also modify the access level on this screen (financial and/or academic).

What happens when the student withdraws or graduates from GC?

In September of each year, if a student is not enrolled, the permission to view student information will be ended. Notification of the ending of the access rights will be emailed to both the student and parent.


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) provide certain rights to post-secondary students concerning the privacy of, and access to, their educational records. Students must take explicit action to extend access to parents.

Parent Access gives the student the opportunity to allow your parents/guardians/others access to view your financial and/or academic information which is currently available to you via https://my.goshen.edu  under the following options:

·   Financial Information Available:
·   Financial Aid Award Letter
·   Statement of Account
·   1098-T Information
·   Academic Information Available:
·   Grades
·   Unofficial Transcript
·   Class Schedule

It is important to note that by allowing parents/guardians/others to access your financial information, you are also granting permission for the Accounting, Registrar, and Financial Aid offices to have conversations with those designated individuals in regards to:

·   Financial Aid Information (awards, application data, disbursements, eligibility and missing documents)
·   Student Account Information (billing statements, charges, credits, payments and past due amounts)
·   Academic Information (schedule, grades, and unofficial transcript)

It is also important to note that by granting access to parents/guardians/others, you, the student, are not released from your responsibility of turning in the necessary financial documents or payment of your outstanding balance due.

To end your parent’s access, select “No” under FERPA Permission and click submit.

For general questions on Parent Access please contact the Financial Aid Office at 574-535-7525 or finaid@goshen.edu .

For log in support contact helpdesk@goshen.edu or call 574-535-7700.