SimMan Nursing Skills Practice
Several years ago, SimMan was purchased, in partnership with Goshen Hospital, and has numerous uses and benefits:
- provides highly realistic patient simulation, increasing educational effectiveness
- facilitates the practice of teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
- facilitates training for a wide range of health care activities
- prepares the learners for infrequently occurring skills and scenarios, including the unusual or difficult cases nurses may face in real life.
- is anatomically realistic – enabling a wide range of nursing skills and measures to be practiced
SimMan has been shown to improve patient safety and outcomes and helps build competence and confidence.