Surprise Birthday Party!

Last week Martin’s host family invited us all to a surprise birthday party for Martin. Brad diverted Martin after reunión long enough for us all to sneak over to his house and be ready to yell, “Sorpresa!” [surprise] when he entered. Indeed, Martin was sorprendido when he arrived!

"Surprise!"

“Surprise!”

The evening was filled with laughter and lighthearted fun as the group played a variety of party games – some familiar and some new to us – led by Martin’s host sister. From pinning the tail on the donkey to attacking a piñata (while dancing, by the way) to balloon-popping with partners, the group enjoyed sharing this special birthday celebration with Martin and his family. In addition to the games, Martin’s family served a delicious meal and cake. We are sure this will be one birthday Martin will never forget!

Comments

1. Rachel Guedea says

Lisa, Just looked at all the photos and posts about Nica. It made me homesick and I wish I could be there with you. Such wonderful memories! Thanks for giving me the chance to know a little of Nicaragua. Mom…