Page 21 of 298

Archives for GC Community Category

Goshen College student-athlete Ezra Kipruto Kogei dies after tragic car accident

With deep sadness, we share the news of the death of Goshen College student, Ezra Kipruto Kogei, a sophomore nursing major from Eldoret, Kenya and member of the men’s cross country team. He was involved in a tragic car accident early in the morning on Monday, October 16, 2022, and was treated at South Bend Memorial Hospital. The injuries Kogei sustained proved so severe that he was unable to survive them and died on Saturday, October 22.

‘It’s a legacy’: Sowers, who coached in Super Bowl, returns to GC

“I remember getting a call for potentially being a candidate for this award, and it was very humbling,” said Katie Sowers, a 2009 Goshen College graduate and a 2022 alumni awardee. “I remember there was some hesitancy on whether or not I’d accept the award, based on my experiences in the past. And, it was a no-brainer for me. This is a college that I love and I would be honored to accept this award. Coming back here has been even more reassuring to me as to why I decided to come here in the first place, even though it had a different belief system at the time. It’s all a process of life and learning, and to see Goshen evolving is exactly what I want out of any school that I’d have my children attend.”