Pedicab Dad

IMG_0928

For Peter, this is a preferred mode of transportation. “A pedicab is the next best thing to walking,” he said. “I like how it helps me engage the environment and the people around me (as well as the boys) compared to the isolation of being enclosed inside an automobile.”

More than money: Maple City Health Care Center creates stories and community

JamesGingerich02_bys_edit

Thanks to James Gingerich’s leadership, the health center is guided by its mission and its stories. It was through storytelling that the people who cared about the center came to realize that in most of the iconic stories important to the center, when people focused on needs, needs multiplied. When they focused on assets, assets multiplied.

Merry Lea’s NatureFest opens doors to the outdoors

NatureFest1

NatureFest, an annual spring festival held at Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College in Wolf Lake, Ind., will take place Friday, May 9, 6:30 p.m. through Saturday, May 10, 3 p.m. NatureFest includes a 5-K run, hikes for all ages and interests, and booths with hands-on interactive nature activities. Camping overnight is an option. For a schedule, see merrylea.goshen.edu or call 260-799-5869.

Local pianist and boys and girls club bring puppets to life through music

PuppetsandPiano

Local pianist Mary Rose Norell, along with the Music Crew from the Elkhart Boys and Girls Club, will team up with Blair Thomas Puppetry for a performance of “A Piano with Three Tales” on April 24, 2014 at 7 p.m. in Goshen College Music Center’s Sauder Concert Hall.