Concert: 61st Annual Concerto-Aria Concert
Date and time: Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
Location: Online at goshen.edu/livestream
Seven student winners of the 2020 Goshen College Concerto-Aria Competition will perform arias and individual concerto movements with the Goshen College Symphony Orchestra, directed by Brian Mast, Music Center executive director and interim GCSO conductor, in the 61st annual Concerto-Aria Concert on Saturday, March 6 at 7:30 p.m. in the Music Center’s Sauder Concert Hall.
There will be limited in-person attendance, restricted to Goshen College faculty, staff, and students only. This concert can be viewed online at goshen.edu/livestream.
- Petenei Tacu, a junior music major from Kohima, Nagaland, India, will perform Piano Concerto No. 21 in C Major, K. 467 by W.A. Mozart;
- Kailey Rice, a soprano and senior music and sign language interpreting major from Frisco, Texas, and Lisa Rosado Rivera, a soprano and senior music and theater major from San Juan, Puerto Rico, will perform “Eifersuchtsduett” from Die Dreigroschenoper (Three Penny Opera) by Kurt Weill
- Alena Miller, a sophomore Spanish and secondary education major from Huntington, Indiana, will perform Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 28 by Camille Saint-Saëns on violin.
- Bek Zehr, a mezzo-soprano and senior music major from Carthage, New York, will perform “Parto, parto” from La Clemenza di Tito by W.A. Mozart;
- Sisters Abigail Greaser, a senior music and theater major, and Caroline Greaser, a sophomore graphic design and music major from Goshen, will perform Duo for Two Violins & Orchestra “Navarra”, Op. 33 by Pablo de Sarasate.