Concert: 60th Annual Concerto-Aria Concert
Date and time: Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Location: Sauder Concert Hall, Goshen College Music Center
Tickets: $12 adults, $8 seniors/students, available online at goshen.edu/tickets or at the door one hour before the concert. Goshen College faculty/staff/students are free with ID.
*This event will be live-streamed.
Six student winners of the 2020 Goshen College Concerto-Aria Competition will perform arias and individual concerto movements with the Goshen College Symphony Orchestra, directed by Brian Mast, Music Center executive director and interim GCSO conductor, in the 60th annual Concerto-Aria Concert on Saturday, March 7 at 7:30 p.m. in the Music Center’s Sauder Concert Hall.
- Becca Choi, a soprano and senior interdisciplinary studies major from Arlington, Massachusetts, and Bek Zehr, a mezzo-soprano and junior music major from Carthage, New York, will perform “Ah perdona al primo affetto” from La Clemenza di Tito.
- Elinor Keener, a senior music major from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, will see her original composition, “City of the South Bridge,” performed by the symphony orchestra.
- Yejin Kim, a senior music major from ChunCheon, South Korea, will perform Mozart’s Piano Concerto NO. 12 in A Major, mvt. 1 for piano;
- Janell Preheim, a junior music and secondary education major from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, will perform Brahms’ Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 77, mvt. 1 for violin;
- Kailey Rice, a soprano and junior music and sign language interpreting major from Frisco, Texas, will perform Puccini “O mio babbino caro” from Gianni Schicchi;
Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for seniors/students, and are available online at goshen.edu/tickets or at the Goshen College Box Office. Goshen College faculty/staff/students are free with ID.