Contents of Volume XCIII
January 2019 Number One
Overview by John D. Roth, editor
In This Issue
- “Part of the Authority Structure”: An Organizational History of Mennonite Indian Residential Schools in Ontario
Anthony G. Siegrist
- Henry VIII’s March 1535 Proclamation against Anabaptists Reconsidered
Kirk R. MacGregor
- From Zealots to Saints: The Dichotomy of Anabaptist Images in Swiss Historical Fiction
- Mennonites in Ukraine During World War II: Thoughts and Questions
- Research Note: “We Are All Americans”: Kansas Mennonites and Patriotism During World War I
News and Announcements
Neufeld, Timothy D. U2 Rock ‘N’ Roll to Change the World.
Reviewed by Jose Roche
Martin, Luke S. A Vietnam Presence: Mennonites in Vietnam During the American War.
Reviewed by Amanda Boczar
Oberholtzer, Beth. Plain Meetinghouses: Lancaster County Old Order Mennonites Gather to Worship.
Reviewed by Chad Martin
Friesen, Abraham. Menno Simons. Dutch Reformer between Luther, Erasmus, and the Holy Spirit. A Study in the Problem Areas of Menno’s Scholarship.
Reviewed by Alfred Neufeld
Weaver, J. Denny, ed. Education with the Grain of the Universe.
Reviewed by Kenneth F. Newbold, Jr.
Janzen, Jean. What the Body Knows.
Reviewed by Hillary Watson
Zimmermann, Katharina. Die Furgge.
Reviewed by Elwood Yoder
- Yoder, Marcus A. Cathedrals, Castles, Caves: The Origins of the Anabaptist Faith.
- Sider, E. Morris. Stories and Scenes from a Brethren in Christ Heritage.
- Müller, Thomas T., ed. Umstrittene Empörung: Zur Gewaltfrage in der frühen Reformation. Hans-Jürgen Goertz zum 80. Geburtstag.
- Chibi, Andrew Allan. The Wheat and the Tares: Doctrines of the Church in the Reformation, 1500-1590.