Contents, April, 1994
(Special Issue featuring papers presented at the Women Doing Theology
Conference, sponsored by Mennonite Central Committee, June 23-25, 1994 in
- Dorothy Jean Weaver, "On Imitating God and Outwitting Satan:
Biblical Perspectives on Forgiveness and the Community of Faith," (p.
- Gayle Gerber Koontz, "As We Forgive Others: Christian Forgiveness and
Feminist Pain," (pp. 170-193).
- Mary H. Schertz, "God’s Cross and Women’s Questions: A Biblical
Perspective on Atonement," (pp. 194-208).
- Rachel Reesor, "Atonement: Mystery and Metaphorical Language,"
- Wilma Ann Bailey, "Hagar: A Model for an Anabaptist Feminist’"
- Pamela Klassen, "What’s Bre(a)d in the Bone: The Bodily Heritage of
Mennonite Women," (pp. 229-247).
- Klötzer, Ralf. Die Täuferherrschaft von Münster:
Stadtreformation und Welterneuerung. Review by Gary K. Waite.
- Moskos, Charles C. and John Whiteclay Chambers II. The New Conscientious
Objection: From Sacred to Secular Resistance. Review by James F. S. Amstutz.
- Baumgartner, Mira. Die Täufer und Zwingli: Eine Dokumentation. Review
by E. J. Furcha.
- Hawkley, Louise and James C. Juhnke. Nonviolent America: History Through
the Eyes of Peace. Review by E. Morris Sider.
- Kaufman, Gordon D. In Face of Mystery: A Constructive Theology. Review by
Donald B. Stoesz.
- Haas, J. Craig. Readings from Mennonite Writings, New and Old. Review by
Evelyn Burkholder Kreider.
- Barbour, Hugh S. William Penn on Religion and Ethics: The Emergence of
Liberal Quakerism. Review by Douglas Jacobsen.
- Harms, Orlando. A Conference in Pilgrimage: The Story of the Southern
District Mennonite Brethren Conference and Its Churches. Review by David Haury.
- Block, Isaac I., Assault on God’s Image: Domestic Abuse. Review by Otto
- Schmitt, Abraham. Brilliant Idiot: An Autobiography of a Dyslexic. Review
by Victor R. Koop.
- Yoder, Elmer S. and Jewel Showalter. We Beheld His Glory. Rosedale Bible
Institue, the First Forty Years, 1952-1992. Review by Conrad Showalter.
- Bowers, Steve. Planting the Faith in a New Land: The History of the Chruch
of the Brethren in Indiana. Review by T. Wayne Reimann.
- Pellman, Rachel and Kenneth. A Treasury of Mennonite Quilts. Review by
- Burke, Susan M and Matthew H. Hill. From Pennsylvania to Waterloo:
Pennsylvania-German Folk Culture in Transition. Review by Ervin Beck.
MQR, page 1;