Merry Lea’s ecological field station for undergraduate programs includes two cottages for student housing and one building containing offices, kitchens, a library, and laboratory space. The entire site is an example of best practices in sustainable design. A wealth of information about this green facility is available here.
A major programming site for school programs and public programs, the farmstead has a series of rustic buildings that house historic farm tools and equipment. The main barn has been converted to a large gathering room and retreat room. A trailhead is located here, near the pavilion.
This lakeside facility was a popular site for recreational activity in the 1940’s. This location now serves as a program center for studies using High Lake. Luckey’s Landing is also the site of our oak savanna restoration.
The Learning Center Building
This building contains Merry Lea’s main office as well as many staff offices. It also houses the graduate student classroom and offices. The Learning Center is a major programming site for area field trips. Hikers will find parking, a trailhead and a port-a-potty for use when the building is closed.
Glacial Retreat Center
This location features the Michael Yoder Dome and Program Center for geological studies along with Goodrich House. It is located near a glacial esker and an old gravel pit that are used for geological investigation.