P.O. Box 263, Wolf Lake, IN 46796 | 260.799.5869 | firstname.lastname@example.org | goshen.edu/merrylea
Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College located in Wolf Lake, Indiana, invites applications for the position of Environmental Educator.
The person in the Environmental Educator position delivers and designs high-quality environmental educational experiences for the Environmental Education Outreach (EEO) team at Merry Lea. Primary audiences include PreK-12 groups and community members of all ages attending public programs. This person works closely with other educators (volunteers, graduate/undergraduate students and other staff) and supports program logistics (setup/cleanup, materials preparation). The environmental educator interacts directly with participants and provides excellent customer service to ensure a positive experience. This person additionally provides leadership around the equipment, materials and infrastructure needed to support EEO programming.
Job responsibilities include:
● Deliver educational programs (for PreK-12 students and Public audiences) both at Merry Lea and offsite, providing excellent customer service for all participants.
● Model appropriate education practices for volunteers, graduate and undergraduate students.
● Revise and develop curriculum.
● Serve as point person for projects, and coordinate the repair, maintenance and inventory for educational materials/equipment.
● Care for the live animals that support EEO programs.
Education, Skills and Experience
● A bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, environmental education, biology, natural resources, education, outdoor education or related field. Master’s in related field preferred.
● 2-3 years experience in teaching.
● Demonstrate a commitment to working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
● Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Anticipated start date: Mid August, 2018
Merry Lea is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff, and is committed to teaching and working in ways that allow all learners to engage in our programs. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, visit www.goshen.edu/employment