Mark your calendar for Saturday, January 18th from 10:00 am – 2:30 pm for the second annual Michiana Regional Seed Swap hosted at Goshen College! Join fellow gardeners, growers, and plant enthusiasts. Gather to exchange seeds, compare and discuss varieties, attend educational sessions, and more.
This event is free and open to the public. No registration required! Participants are not required to bring seeds to the event, but if you save seed, please bring them along!
See our Michiana Regional Seed Swap FAQ for more information.
Participating businesses/individuals/groups include:
- A Bean Collector’s Window
- Elkhart County Food Council
- Forgotten Heirlooms
- Goshen Health
- Great Lakes Staple Seeds
- Horn of Plenty
- Indiana Native Plant Society, North Chapter
- Jim Wyant, Heirloom tomato expert
- Maple City Market
- Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center
- Michigan Heirlooms
- Nature and Nurture Seeds
- Northend Greenhouse
- Northwest Indiana Food Council
- R.A.W. Sustainable Living
- Rick Ritter, gardener at Fort Wayne Historic Old Fort
- Seed to Feed
- Sherck Seeds
- Unity Gardens
- Karen Golden, Michigan Heirlooms: “Heirloom Tomatoes”
- John Sherck, Sherck Seeds: “Heritage Corn Project”
- Dani Tippmann, Whitley County Historical Museum: “Plant Traditions of the Miami Tribe”
Seed Donations include:
- Baker Creek
- Merry Lea Sustainable Farm
- Seed Saver’s Exchange
Sponsorship packages are available. Please contact Katie Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in sponsoring!