DEFINITION: Youth ministry is a series of programs and activities to give young people a chance to participate in Church life, develop their own faith and spirituality, and discover new friendships. It incorporates fun, faith and friends.
GOAL: Teach the youth basic tenets of the Christian faith and how to apply Christian values to life situations.
SALARY: Part-time; based on experience.
HOURS: Wednesday evenings, Sundays, plus special events.
- Coordinate the Middle School and High School age Sunday School classes and Wednesday evening Youth group;
- Plan outings for the youth. Be responsible for securing all travel arrangements, adult chaperones, and providing Christian teaching or times for worship during the youth trips.
- Encourage and recruit young people to participate in the youth activities, worship and educational activities of the congregation and community;
- Coordinate fund-raisers, as needed, to support special youth activities and trips;
- Publicize youth activities through the worship bulletin, posters, bulletin boards, etc.
- Available to youth, as needed;
- Build and maintain relationships with kids both churched and unchurched;
- Maintain administrative records (e.g. consent forms);
- Attend Elder Council meetings, first Monday of each month, and provide verbal report.
- Coordinate roles and responsibilities of volunteer leaders;
- Protect the reputation and integrity of the youth or others through strict confidentiality;
- Network with other youth workers in the community.