ITSMedia issues new and replacement student and employee ID Cards. We also print community cards for the campus library (photos for these cards are taken in the library). We can also create and print custom cards for a nominal fee (see details below). Contact our office email@example.com or call 7727 for more information about how to receive ID card services.
*ITSMedia will soon be offering a Digital Photo ID solution through Cloudcard. Students will upload their own photo instead of being taken by us.*
Virtual Photo Submission Requirements:
- Acceptable Photos
- Recent color photo
- Must be taken against a plain, light background
- Bright, even lighting
- Centered, frontal view of the full face – no profile
- Must be positioned directly facing the camera
- Eyes open and visible looking at the camera (wear prescription glasses if you normally do so)
- Acceptable Photo Example:
- Unacceptable Photos
- Hats, sunglasses or other items that obscure your face
- Glare on glasses
- Shadows on face
- Other visible people or objects in the photo
- Inappropriate expressions or gestures
- Photos of photos
- Filters and busy backgrounds
- Unacceptable Photo Examples:
- *Student above is Josiah Phiri, a computer science major. Follow him on Twitch @Monkeyking197.
- How to Submit Your Photo
- 1. Click on the email link sent to you asking you to provide a photo for your ID.
- 2. Click on the “Upload your photo” link below
- 3. Take a photo using your device or upload an existing photo (must be .jpeg, .png., or .gif file)
- 4. Crop or rotate the image to meet requirements
- 5. Preview and submit a photo
- 6. You will be notified via email if your photo was accepted or rejected
- You will receive an email notification from AVDesk to your goshen.edu email account. The email will be from firstname.lastname@example.org. This will look suspicious, but it is from AVdesk!
- Click on “Submit Your Photo”
- This will pull up a Goshen College Terms and Conditions page. Please paste the Goshen College link in another browser to view the terms and conditions and examples of good and bad photos. After you have read the terms and conditions, please click “I accept the terms and conditions”.
- Upload your photo! Your view will look different depending on whether you are viewing from a laptop or phone browser.
- When you upload your photo the program will typically audio rotate and crop your photo. You may also receive suggestions and feedback based on how good your photo will be for this purpose. Typically red or orange headers on photos means that the photo should be retaken. There is a bot that helps to auto-filter good and bad photos and it will give some suggestions based on our specific photo requirements.
- You may also edit your photo yourself if for some reason the program doesn’t auto-rotate or auto-crop it.
- You’re Done! Congrats, Someone will be in contact with you shortly about receiving your new ID card!
- Note: Once you upload an ID photo you cannot upload another one until your photo is denied or you request to take a new photo. The link will become inactive if you click on it again in your email so you need to email email@example.com if you need a new link.
Goshen College ID Card Terms & Conditions
- Goshen College issues a Photo ID (“Card”) to its students and employees to verify their identity and manage access to GC services and facilities.
- Cardholder understands and agrees that the Card is the property of Goshen College, and the policies and procedures of the Goshen College govern its use.
- Cardholder understands and agrees that Goshen College may update this agreement and these terms and conditions from time to time as necessary.
- A GC ID Card can also function as an on-campus debit card, linked to your student account, and is accepted at Java Junction and AVI operated food venues, which includes Westlawn Dining Hall, the Leaf Raker Cafe. GC ID cards are not linked to your banking establishment, and cannot be used for purchases off-campus.
- “Munch Money” is included in each meal plan option. For those who do not have a meal plan, Munch Money can be added to your account through AVI Fresh or the “Get App.” It can be used by swiping your GC ID card at campus dining locations.
- Your GC ID/key card is the key that gives you access to residence halls, Schertz computer lab, and the RFC. Access is granted by tapping your ID on the card readers outside of these locations. Access to various campus buildings will be granted to your account as required for your course of study.
- The Goshen College ID Card is intended to serve you throughout your years of study at Goshen College. Keeping your card in good condition is important. If you experience any problems with your card contact ITSMedia as soon as possible. Ph 574/535-7727 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every person who receives a Goshen College ID card must be aware of some basic rules. They include:
- As your official Goshen College ID, you should carry your GC ID card at all times.
- You may only possess one official Goshen College ID card at a time.
- You are the only person authorized to use your ID card. Please do not loan your ID to any other person for use. Your card could be subject to confiscation if found in the possession of another person.
- If you lose or deface your ID card, or if it is lost/stolen, a replacement fee of $20 will be charged to your account.
- Goshen College is not responsible for any expenses resulting from the loss, theft, or misuse of this card.
- If your ID card cracks, breaks, fades, or stops working, bring it to the ITSMedia office. Broken or nonfunctioning ID cards can be replaced for free as long as you bring the card/pieces to ITSMedia.
- Your ID card is to be brought to check-in each semester so that we can test if the card is in working condition.
- Your ID card is NOT transferable.
- If found, please return any ID cards to the ITSMedia AV Services Desk
*You may request a new photo link at any time by emailing email@example.com, but a new card will not be issued unless needed.*
Remember to retain your card for future semesters of study at Goshen College.
New Faculty & Staff (0.5FTE and greater) – your picture will be taken by the Public Relations department (contact their office for an appointment) and ID card will be issued at ITSMedia during walk-in hours. Validation stickers for employees are issued by the RecFitness center. ID card replacements are $20 for employees.
Community member cards
ITSMedia prints out ID cards for community patrons who wish to use the library. Visit the library site for information on how to obtain this service at Harold & Wilma Good Library.
ITSMedia will design cards for other official use with proper approval. The setup fee is $75 and a $2.00 printing fee will also be incurred for each card. Contact our office at ext. 7727 for more information.