Parables, a worship ensemble from Goshen College, combines music, original drama and personal stories to create an engaging worship experience designed to inspire, comfort and challenge. The program for 2016-17 is developed by the eight student members, with direction and leadership from Dr. Debra Detwiler Brubaker and administrative support from Dan Koop Liechty, Ph.D.
(front row, l-r) Lukas, Sadie, Emily and Galed (back row, l-r) Joshua, Anne, Naomi and Caleb
2016-17 Parables Members
- Anne Buckwalter, a music major from Wellman, Iowa.
- Galed Krisjayanta, a music major from Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia
- Caleb Liechty, a molecular biology/biochemistry major from Archbold, Ohio
- Joshua Liechty, a molecular biology/biochemistry major from Archbold, Ohio
- Naomi Peters, a molecular biology/biochemistry major from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Emily Stoltzfus, a Spanish and Sociology double major from Goshen, Indiana
- Lukas Thompson, a music major from Goshen, Indiana
- Sadie Gustafson-Zook, a music major from Goshen, Indiana
2016-17 Theme: Coming Soon
2016-17 Schedule (more dates to come)
Sep. 24, 10 a.m. – Performance stage at the Michiana Mennonite Relief Sale, Elkhart County Fairgrounds, Goshen, IN.
Sep. 25, 7 p.m. – Michiana MCC Relief Sale Choir Concert (singing during intermission), Sauder Concert HalGoshen College Music Center, Goshen, IN.
Oct. 8, 9 a.m. – Homecoming Alumni Breakfast, College Mennonite Church Fellowship Hall, Goshen, IN.
Fall Break Tour (October 15-21): East Coast
Jan. 20-22 – Camp Friedenswald Jr. High Winter Retreat, Cassopolis, MI.
Feb. 1, 6:00 p.m. – Pizza & Parables with area youth groups, Rieth Recital Hall, Goshen College Music Center, Goshen, IN.
Mar. 19, 9:30 a.m. – Goshen College, worship for Admitted Student Weekend, Goshen, IN.
Apr. 19, 7 p.m. – Goshen College Home Program, Rieth Recital Hall, Goshen College Music Center, Goshen, IN.