Associate Professor of Social Work
- BSW, University of Georgia, 1983
- MSW, University of Georgia, 1984
- PHD, Loyola University Chicago, 2009
- Assisting in the development of an accelerated BSW program. With courses offered in the evenings and online, students who have already earned an AA will be able to complete the program in 18 months. Enrollment will open the summer of 2012 and classes will start January 2013.
- Adapting and revising for publication the research material developed by my late friend, Mary Pat Clemmons, on the topic of Theraplay.
- Leading a clinical supervision group for social workers pursuing their LCSW.
Presenter, “Assessing and Treating Childhood Anxiety Disorders” at the 4th Annual Environmental Health Symposium, Elkhart General Hospital, Elkhart, Indiana, September 12, 2012.
Panelist, “Theatrical Activism: From Michiana Monologues to Community
Dialogues”, a roundtable presentation at the Center for Women’s Intercultural Leadership conference, St. Mary’s College, Notre Dame, Indiana, October, 2010.
Presenter, “Looking outward: Utilizing local universities and colleges to help with grief research,” at the 14th Annual Symposium of the National Alliance for Grieving Children, Cleveland, Ohio, June 25, 2010.
Presenter, “Identifying Best Practices for Providing Outreach to Ethnoracial Minority Groups,” at the 13th Annual Symposium of the National Alliance for Grieving Children, Long Beach, California, June 26, 2009.
Presenter, Opening Session, “The Many Faces of Grief,” at the 7th Annual Grief Seminar, October 16, 2009, Goshen College.
Presenter, “Cultural Variations in Mourning,” at the 6th Annual Grief Seminar, October 17, 2008, Goshen College.
Presenter, “Student Organization and Performing Feminist Consciousness-Raising on College Campuses,” at the 28th annual meeting of the National Women’s Studies Association, June 28-July 1, 2007, St. Charles, Illinois.
Presenter, “Bridging Academics and Student Life: Women’s Studies and Gender Programs in Christian Higher Education,” at the 26th annual meeting of the National Women’s Studies Association, June 10, 2005, Orlando, Florida.
Presenter, “Developing Effective Communication Skills,” 11th Annual Dimensions in Pediatrics Conference, May 21 and June 28, 2004, South Bend, Indiana.
Presenter, “Psychosocial Care of Dying Children and Their Families,” 10th Annual Dimensions in Pediatrics Conference, May 15 and 29, 2003, South Bend, Indiana.
“Function versus Cause: Moving beyond Debate,” Praxis, Fall 2006, 6, 44-49.
“A Retreat for Families of Recently Diagnosed Children with Cancer,” Cancer Practice, March/April, 1997.
Arthur J. Schmitt Dissertation Fellowship, Loyola University Chicago, to support my dissertation research (assessing grief centers’ outreach efforts to ethnoracial minority groups).
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Indiana
National Association of Social Workers
Council on Social Work Education
Association of Play Therapists