Goshen College is a Christian liberal arts institution that prepares students to thrive in life, leadership and service. We strive to model an inclusive community committed to transformative justice, peace, and sustainability. A respect and appreciation of the Anabaptist-Mennonite faith perspective and practices, and a commitment to the mission, vision, core values and community standards of Goshen College, are important for teaching and administrative faculty members.
The MSW program is offered in collaboration with Bluffton University (Bluffton, Ohio), has a specialization in mental health, and emphasizes anti-racism and anti-oppressive practices and the integration of spirituality. The synchronous, online program emphasizes student learning through recorded micro lectures, Zoom classes, and an innovative approach to student assessment. The program is in accreditation pre-candidacy with the Council on Social Work Education, and expects to be in candidacy in the 2023-24 academic year, and to reach initial accreditation in 2026. The program welcomed its first 22 students in Fall 2023, and chooses to live into a program culture of hope, connection, justice, peace, and integrity.
The faculty member joining us in July 2024 will help to grow and shape our online MSW program. They will teach courses in clinical mental health practice, addictions, social justice, policy, and human behavior. Whether working in person or remotely, the faculty member will work closely with students and fellow faculty members as part of a small, vibrant campus and community.
- Teach 3 courses in the fall semester and 3 courses in the spring semester with a 10-month appointment.
- Teach specialized practice courses such as clinical mental health practice, addictions, and policy as well as generalist practice courses such as social justice, policy, and human behavior. Teaching responsibilities may include serving as a faculty field education liaison. Mentor students through advising and recruiting activities.
- Prepare course outlines and assignments, choose textbooks, and assess student performance. Prepare recorded micro lectures. Facilitate evening Zoom classes (1 hour/week per course) with active and engaged learning practices.
- Participate in department, school, and college meetings. Serve on institution-wide committees. Engage in professional and community service.
- Contribute to Goshen College’s strong tradition of excellence in teaching and research.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS –
- Master’s of social work (MSW) degree from a CSWE-accredited program.
- Doctoral degree.
- 2 years of post-MSW social work practice experience.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS –
- Commitment to the integration of anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices and spirituality into MSW education.
- Commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion in social work practice.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Goshen College.
- Live in or be able to travel to Goshen, Indiana. If working from a distance, willing to travel to Goshen 3 times a year. Willing to travel to Bluffton, Ohio occasionally.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS –
- Social work license.
- Doctoral degree in social work.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college/university level, including online teaching.
- Health insurance (employee premium 100% covered)
- Dental, vision, life and LTD insurance
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Retirement plans
- Tuition discounts
- Free employee membership to Recreation/Fitness Center
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays and sick leave
See our website for additional benefit information.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a nationally-ranked college and Hispanic-Serving Institution in Indiana renowned for its distinctive hands-on, real-world educational opportunities, and its commitment to creating positive change in the community and the world. The college offers over 65 undergraduate areas of study as well as best-in-class graduate programs in nursing, business administration, social work, and environmental education. This caring, safe and diverse campus prides itself on providing excellent academic programs that connect arts with sciences, and theory with practice—exposing students to multiple perspectives and encouraging them to think deeply, live creatively, and lead purposefully.
The college is located in the City of Goshen in the heart of Elkhart County, within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis, and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant and entrepreneurial downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths, and affordable housing prices. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
How to Apply:
Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the online Faculty Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three professional references with contact information
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts (official transcripts) and background check will be required prior to hire.
Review of applications will begin November 30, 2023, and continue until the position is filled. With a commitment to building a diverse faculty and staff, underrepresented persons are encouraged to apply.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. As religious institution, Goshen College expressly reserves its rights, its understandings of, and its commitments to the historic Anabaptist identity and the teachings of Mennonite Church USA, and reserves the legal right to hire and employ individuals who support the values of the college. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111
Fax: (574) 535-7319