Goshen College is a Christian liberal arts institution that prepares students to thrive in life, leadership and service. We strive to model an inclusive community committed to
transformative justice, peace, and sustainability. A respect and appreciation of the
Anabaptist-Mennonite faith perspective and practices, and a commitment to the mission, vision, core values and community standards of Goshen College, are important for teaching and administrative faculty members.
Goshen College is an Hispanic Serving Institution and ranks second in Indiana in the percent of alumni, per capita, who go on to earn a Ph.D. In addition to the marine biology station in the Florida Keys, campus facilities include excellent on-campus laboratories for teaching and research and a 1,189-acre field station (Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center) 30 miles from campus. Goshen College faculty are also eligible to apply to teach in our nationally ranked study abroad program, which includes semesters in Ecuador, Tanzania, Indonesia, and Senegal.
The Biological Sciences department seeks an individual to serve as a full-time, tenure track professor with expertise in physiology or a related field. Teaching faculty are on a 10-month contract, and the salary for this position will range from $54,000-72,000 based on education level and experience. The department offers three majors: Biology, Molecular
Biology/Biochemistry, and Environmental & Marine Science. This position will teach courses that support the Biology and Molecular Biology/Biochemistry major, in addition to supporting courses for the nursing major. Additionally, this position will coordinate the pre-health program which guides students with interest in medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, and pharmacy. The department is growing and requires a leader with skill in innovative teaching, compassionate mentoring, and with a vision for a physiology research program built around undergraduate students.
- Teaching courses and labs each semester, including anatomy & physiology, vertebrate physiology, pathophysiology, and/or additional courses of the candidate’s design or in support of the general education program
- Mentoring and advising undergraduate students in the pre-health program, including coordination of their application process to professional schools
- Leading an undergraduate research program, including supervising senior thesis projects
- Facilitating recruitment of prospective students through collaboration with Admissions officers
- M.S. or Ph.D. in physiology, or related area
- Experience in teaching and/or mentoring
- Research experience in physiology or related area
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A commitment to building a culturally diverse educational environment
- Student-centered approach to teaching and research
- Support of the liberal arts program and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Demonstrated use of effective, creative, and caring teaching strategies for working with a wide diversity of students
- Demonstrated ability to empower self and others through servant leadership
- Intercultural experience
- Health insurance (employee premium 100% covered)
- Dental and vision benefits
- Retirement plans
- Tuition discounts
- Free Recreation/Fitness Center access
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Funds for professional development and research start-up
See our website for additional benefit information.
About Goshen College
Goshen College is a nationally-ranked college and Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) in Indiana renowned for its distinctive hands-on, real-world educational opportunities, and its commitment to creating positive change in the community and the world. The college offers over 65 undergraduate areas of study; as well as best-in-class graduate programs in nursing, business administration, social work and environmental education. This caring, safe and diverse campus prides itself on providing excellent academic programs that connect arts with sciences and theory with practice — exposing students to multiple perspectives and encouraging them to think deeply, live creatively and lead purposefully.
The college is located in the City of Goshen in the heart of Elkhart County, within a few hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant and entrepreneurial downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
How to Apply
Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the online Faculty Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three professional references with contact information
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts (official transcripts) and background
check will be required prior to hire.
Review of applications will begin November 27, and continue until the position is filled. With a
commitment to building a diverse faculty and staff, underrepresented persons are encouraged to apply.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. As religious institution, Goshen College expressly reserves its rights, its understandings of, and its commitments to the historic Anabaptist identity and the teachings of Mennonite Church USA, and reserves the legal right to hire and employ individuals who support the values of the college. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111
Fax: (574) 535-7319