Assistant or Associate Professor of Information Technology & Business
Goshen College invites applications for a full-time appointment as Assistant or Associate Professor of Information Technology & Business starting August, 2023.
This is a 10-month contract position starting in August, 2023.
Responsibilities of this position include designing and teaching undergraduate in-person and online courses, serving as an academic advisor, creating opportunities that connect students with employers, meeting with prospective students and families participating in recruitment activities and events, developing and building relationships with the local and regional business communities, attending required meetings, and serving on institution-wide committees.
The business department offers undergraduate majors in accounting, business, marketing, information technology, sustainability management, and minors in all five of those areas plus entrepreneurship and global economics. Goshen College partners in offering an MBA program with Eastern Mennonite University, Bluffton University and Canadian Mennonite University through synchronous videoconferencing using Zoom. In the fall of 2023, the business department will launch a new undergraduate program in Business Management that will be offered through asynchronous, online and/or synchronous remote courses. Additionally, the department’s current MBA program will be expanded to include a 4+1 pathway to the MBA degree for undergraduate students.
This growth in business programs and recent changes in our program curriculum offers us an opportunity to expand our department’s expertise. We are seeking applicants who can:
- Teach undergraduate courses in analytics, database management, programming in a business context, data privacy & security, and project management. These courses serve students in the business and computer science programs.
- Teach other technology and business courses in both undergraduate and graduate programs. These courses serve students from many academic programs.
- Assist other academic departments with integrating data analytics and technology into academic programs outside of business.
The business department values active classroom learning and encourages faculty to connect students with business partners and potential employers. Candidates must be interested in working closely with students and colleagues as part of a small, vibrant campus and community with a culturally, racially and religiously diverse student body. We value excellent teaching and a mindset that recognizes that we must change how we teach to accommodate the changing landscape of higher education.
- Design and teach assigned courses with appropriate active and engaged learning practices
- Mentor students through academic advising and recruiting activities
- Design and teach courses appropriate to adult students returning to college to complete a degree
- Regular participation in required meetings (department, committee, faculty, etc.)
- Pursue appropriate professional development opportunities
- Participate in opportunities for building and developing relationships with the local and regional business communities
- Student employees in the business department, as approved
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree (MBA, technology, analytics, or business-related master’s degree)
- Significant work experience in business and/or information technology
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Energized by teaching and preparing students for workplace success
- Committed to curriculum revision, on pace with changes in the business world
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education
- Committed to the mission and core values of Goshen College
- Collaborative and innovative teacher
- Ability to integrate relevant technology in teaching
- Active engagement in professional and business organizations
- Ability to identify new opportunities for department programs and student learning
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- Demonstrated knowledge/skills earned through current industry certifications
- Teaching experience in a variety of undergraduate information technology and/or analytics courses.
- Doctoral degree in information technology, analytics, or business-related field
Work Environment/Environmental Conditions:
This position is based in Goshen, Indiana with the majority of work performed on campus.
Mostly inside/office conditions; temperatures are usually moderate; artificial lighting; possible exposure to dust and molds. Using computers and other office equipment; moving around campus, inside and outside.
All of the essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform other job-related instructions as requested by the supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and may change at the option of the (supervisor or department head). Any major change will result in the position being reviewed for reclassification.
About Goshen College
Goshen College is a Christian liberal arts institution that prepares students to thrive in life, leadership and service. We rank nationally in the top five of liberal arts colleges for international education, with 71% of the student body studying abroad. We strive to model an inclusive community committed to transformative justice, peace, and sustainability.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis, and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant and entrepreneurial downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths, and affordable housing prices.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employmentto apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Teaching and Administrative Faculty Application Form or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the online Teaching and Administrative Faculty Application Form
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- List of three professional references with contact information
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts (copies acceptable in application process with official transcripts required for employment)
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors, and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111