ITSMedia Central Services Manager
This full-time, hourly position may have opportunities for reduced or flexible summer hours for an experienced manager. It is eligible for full benefits.
- Oversees reservations and checkout of a broad range of audio-visual equipment
- Provide ID card and access control servies for the campus
- Oversees and manages all Campus Post operations including mail and package distribution campus wide
- Manage departmental accounting including billing process, invoice payment and tracking project budgets
- Maintain a professional, consistent, and reliable service environment.
- Become fluent in the use of the package tracking, ID card publishing, and equipment checkout software tools.
- Provide effective troubleshooting for situations related to ID services, package delivery, or checkout equipment, functioning as an advocate for customers and a liaison with department technicians.
- Maintain basic expertise in the use of audio/visual equipment offered for checkout, and familiarity with operation of basic AV equipment in campus classrooms.
- Manage all incoming checkout and service requests from multiple sources (phone, walk-in, email).
- Oversee departmental communication to customers by editing the text on the departmental web site, writing and posting announcements, maintaining appropriate signage, and other methods.
- Oversee the issuing and replacement of campus ID cards, implementing and managing procedures to ensure that extremely critical data is accurate and handled properly.
- Oversee the pickup, sorting, and distribution of US mail and packages from all the carriers on a daily basis.
- Define Mail/Package distribution policy, notify campus of changes, and update documentation.
- Order departmental supplies and manage stocks of departmental consumables.
- Manage some of the departmental accounting, including monthly billing processes, tracking of orders, payment of departmental invoices, and receipt paperwork required for credit card documentation.
- Track trends and issues, propose changes to services and solutions to issues.
- Maintain current and accurate documentation of departmental processes.
- Supervise 8-12 student assistants.
- Positive and friendly customer service attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to make independent decisions when no clear guidelines cover the situation.
- Ability to rapidly master new web based software tools or iPad apps.
- Comfortable learning basics of professional audio and video electronics such as photography equipment, audio recorders, projectors, etc.
- Competent or ability to develop competency in the use of Google Apps (Mail/Sheets/Docs), and calendar management tools.
- Must be adaptable to a constantly changing technical environment.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum 2 years of college or Associate’s Degree degree with 3 years of experience in an office or business setting required. A minimum of 1 year of exposure to operation of audio, video and projection technology is ideal.
Lifting audio video equipment and packages on a daily basis up to 50 pounds. Significant keyboarding and phone use are required. Substantial use of computer displays and iPads. Must be able to operate audio-visual equipment.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Information Form or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Information Form
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is an affordable, nationally-ranked Christian liberal arts college in Northern Indiana known for leadership in intercultural and international education, sustainability and social justice. The college offers bachelor’s degrees in more than 65 areas of study, as well as select graduate degrees. Goshen enrolls approximately 950 students from 35 states and 23 countries and is recognized for its innovative, life-changing study abroad program (Study-Service Term) and exceptional educational value. The 135-acre tree-filled campus features a world-class Music Center and a Rec-Fitness Center for 14 intercollegiate athletic teams. The extended campus includes a 1,189-acre natural sanctuary (the Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center near Wolf Lake, IN) and a marine biology lab in the Florida Keys. Rooted in the historically peaceful Mennonite church and established in 1894, the college’s Christ-centered mission produces passionate learners, compassionate peacemakers, global citizens and servant leaders. The college’s doors are open to all, with students from 40 different Christian denominations and several world religions. Experiential learning, faculty mentors and strong friendships are significant community strengths for students.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County in Northern Indiana, just a couple of hours from Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Goshen was named the 2017 Indiana Community of the Year by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce for its amazing arts and entertainment, food scene, recreational opportunities, outstanding schools, affordable living, cultural diversity and entrepreneurial spirit. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111