Goshen College invites applications for an Admissions Counselor. This position is responsible for carrying out key portions of recruiting students to Goshen College. Counselors are responsible for knowing and implementing best practices in recruitment and admission in order to enroll new students at Goshen College. Must be driven by the desire to help others improve their lives through the pursuit of higher education.
- Recruitment and Student Engagement (40%):Takes primary responsibility for student recruitment and enrollment of prospective students in assigned markets and territory (or as otherwise assigned by the Director.
- Territory Development and Management (20%): Takes primary responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with high school personnel, churches, GC alumni, and friends in assigned markets. Also for developing and maintaining reports related to recruitment markets.
- Application and Enrollment Completion Process (30%): Takes primary responsibility for understanding the admission requirement and influencing assigned students to progress through the admissions process. Utilizes available data to appropriately track progress to reach goals.
- Academic Partnerships (10%): Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with faculty to help recruit and enroll students within their respective programs.
Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred: Two years prior experience in higher education, preferably in the area of enrollment
Skills and Competencies
- Warm, likable, trustworthy, positive personality with eagerness to meet and help people. Proven ability to relate and collaborate with a wide cross-section of campus administrators, employees, alumni, and students.
- Self-motivated. Solutions oriented. Establishes priorities and effectively implements and follows through.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and intermediate computer literacy.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from prospective students and/or parents, the campus community, or external constituencies.
- Embraces the mission, vision, and values of Goshen College and GC Admission.
- Ability to communicate at a basic level in Spanish.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Travel required related to student recruitment events, professional meetings and relevant college business. Travel could include overnight and/or extended stay.
- Evening/night/weekend work required in representing Goshen College at recruitment events. Also required in order to contact student during time frames that are more suitable to their schedules.
This is a full-time position, 1.0 FTE, eligible for a full and generous benefits package.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance
- Retirement plans
- Tuition discounts
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick leave
- Free employee membership to Recreation-Fitness Center
Candidates must be committed to the community standards, mission and core values of Goshen College.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Information Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Faculty Information Form
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is an affordable, nationally-ranked Christian liberal arts college in Northern Indiana known for leadership in intercultural and international education, sustainability and social justice. The college offers bachelor’s degrees in more than 65 areas of study, as well as select graduate degrees. Goshen enrolls approximately 950 students from 35 states and 23 countries and is recognized for its innovative, life-changing study abroad program (Study-Service Term) and exceptional educational value. The 135-acre tree-filled campus features a world-class Music Center and a Rec-Fitness Center for 14 intercollegiate athletic teams. The extended campus includes a 1,189-acre natural sanctuary (the Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center near Wolf Lake, Ind.) and a marine biology lab in the Florida Keys. Rooted in the historically peaceful Mennonite church and established in 1894, the college’s Christ-centered mission produces passionate learners, compassionate peacemakers, global citizens and servant leaders. The college’s doors are open to all, with students from 40 different Christian denominations and several world religions. Experiential learning, faculty mentors and strong friendships are significant community strengths for students.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County in Northern Indiana, just a couple of hours from Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Goshen was named the 2017 Indiana Community of the Year by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce for its amazing arts and entertainment, food scene, recreational opportunities, outstanding schools, affordable living, cultural diversity and entrepreneurial spirit. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111