Goshen College seeks applicants for the position of Head Softball Coach. The coaching
responsibilities will include the management of all facets of the softball program, including
program administration, recruitment, retention and student-athlete development. There will be
additional administrative duties which may include but are not limited to compliance, fitness center, recreation, SAAC Advisor, etc.
This is a full-time position (1.0 FTE) offering full benefits.
- Oversee program administration, including student-athlete development, retention, and
- Develop and manage team budget
- Participate and assist with fundraising responsibilities
- Recruit prospective student-athletes to a highly selective institution
- Ability to schedule, organize and conduct competitions, team travel, and weekly practice
- Maintain compliance with Goshen College, NAIA, Crossroads League conference rules
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience of softball coaching experience preferably at the
- Demonstrated knowledge of skills, techniques
Candidates must be committed to the community standards, mission and core values of Goshen College.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution dedicated to the development of informed, articulate,
sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a
ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with
educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which
programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4)
Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens. The college is located in the heart of
Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit.
Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts
community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and
affordable housing prices.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to
www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Required materials may be attached to the Teaching & Administrative Application Form (see link below) or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Complete the online Teaching & Administrative Information Form
- Cover letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the
institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic
origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To
protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors, and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111