Goshen College is looking for full-time, day-shift Custodians to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 5:00 am – 1:30 pm. Flexible hours are negotiable. Primary responsibility is to assist with cleaning campus buildings as part of a cleaning team under the direction of the Team Leader. Involves routine cleaning duties and occasional operation of floor or other machines. Some additional hours, including weekend/evening work, may be required during special events.
This position pays $13.00-$14.00 per hour depending on experience and is eligible for full benefits. Benefits include:
- Medical – employee premiums are paid in full by Goshen College
- Flexible Spending Account – Health and/or Dependent Care savings account
- Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Long-Term Disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Retirement plan (2 different options and a 4% GC Contribution)
- Tuition discounts – for employee (100%), employee’s spouse (75-100%), employee’s child(ren) (50-75%)
- Dining Hall discount
- Free membership to the college Recreation & Fitness Center
- Free access to athletic events, music events, library
- On-line Bookstore discounts
- Vacation hours
- Sick leave
- Experience as a custodian preferred, but not required. Training will be provided as needed.
- Basic computer skills are required. Must have the ability to enter timecards online and read and answer email.
- Must have the ability to lift 25 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4) Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status.
To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111